FTP in games? (error 21) [Fixed]

If you need any help with XBMC4XBOX, such as installing or using the software, please post it in here.
geff7

FTP in games? (error 21) [Fixed]

Post by geff7 »

I was following the XBMC Wiki tutorial for setting xbmc as the default dashboard. Now I get error 21 upon launching with no disc (Yeah I know, I'm one of those guys :D).
I tried to use the splintercell exploit to hopefully be able to fix the problem but when I load the modded save it just reboots the game...
Is there any way to use ftp in games? Or other fixes to this without loosing data?
Thanks.
Last edited by geff7 on Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rocky5

Re: FTP in games? (error 21)

Post by Rocky5 »

Look in my sig and download the extras disc ISO from the “Build v1.1.2 > Extras Disc” folder burn it to a DVD-R disc and use the quick upgrade function in the advanced features menu.

Now use the disc to install XBMC4Xbox or just FTP over the XBMC folder to C, E or the F partition and my softmod will use it as a dashboard.

No need to faff about with shortcut makers or xbe files.
Download Xbox Softmodding Tool & Extras Disc
XBMC4Kids Mod

Xbox Gamertag = Connxtion
PSN ID = JCRocky5
geff7

Post by geff7 »

Just tried using the extra disc and my xbox goes straight into the error 21. It does not boot into the disc, although it does seem to try.
Rocky5

Post by Rocky5 »

So what you’re saying is you removed a file from the unprotected C partition and arsed up your softmod.

Unless you can boot the save exploit it’s hotswapping for you my friend.

When you do fix it upgrade to my softmod so you don’t do this again.
XBMC4Kids Mod

PSN ID = JCRocky5
geff7

Post by geff7 »

Oh well it's only a week old, I'm only bothered about one thing and I can always earn it back, thanks anyway!
geff7

Post by geff7 »

I'm now trying to use chimp to copy my old hdd to my new one but when I tell it to clone master to slave it just scrolls down and doesn't clone, any suggestions?
[update] Oops I forgot to unlock it.
[update 2] I've got 10 mins or so into the cloning and the screen has gone black, xbox is still on so I'll wait it out I guess...
Rocky5

Post by Rocky5 »

Use Chimp 261812 it’s on my GitHub.

Faster cloning a well as other improvements.
XBMC4Kids Mod

PSN ID = JCRocky5
geff7

Post by geff7 »

Thanks, but too late, I already cloned it. Turns out since it wasn't a fresh new drive it took longer than normal and put the display in standby. A few hours later it came on when I pressed a button on my controller.

Also, can your extra disc be ran off the hard drive or does it have to be burnt onto a dvd?
Rocky5

Post by Rocky5 »

geff7 wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:28 pm Thanks, but too late, I already cloned it. Turns out since it wasn't a fresh new drive it took longer than normal and put the display in standby. A few hours later it came on when I pressed a button on my controller.

Also, can your extra disc be ran off the hard drive or does it have to be burnt onto a dvd?
Can be run of the HDD on softmodded systems. ( as an XISO ) There is a documents folder in the extras disc file on my google drive with info eg...
XBMC4Kids Mod

PSN ID = JCRocky5
geff7

Post by geff7 »

Just followed the instructions in the documents folder and it doesn't work. When I open Xbox Softmodding Tool Extras Disc it just puts me back to my dashboard and nothing is in the D drive if that is what it's meant to do.
Rocky5

Post by Rocky5 »

What softmod are you using, it may have virtual disc drive disabled.

You did launch the default.xbe with the iso in the same folder?
XBMC4Kids Mod

PSN ID = JCRocky5
geff7

Post by geff7 »

I just went and bought myself some new DvD-R discs and now it works fine, I'll use this to upgrade the current softmod I have, which I got from this video: [https://youtu.be/DJOEen1-234].

And yes I launched the .xbe with the iso in the folder.
geff7

Post by geff7 »

Now I'm trying to upgrade my softmod to your softmod with the extra disc but after it copies the first files over and the display turns off and back on it doesn't display the Last chance menu. Is this what it's supposed to do? As I'm abit confused as the layout in v1.1.2 is abit different to the v1.0 one in your video.
Rocky5

Post by Rocky5 »

geff7 wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:51 pm Now I'm trying to upgrade my softmod to your softmod with the extra disc but after it copies the first files over and the display turns off and back on it doesn't display the Last chance menu. Is this what it's supposed to do? As I'm abit confused as the layout in v1.1.2 is abit different to the v1.0 one in your video.
It is meant to correct. Please make sure there is enough space on E.
( manually remove the Prep folder from E )

Also if you have any dough about the integrity of the upgrade files, do it proceed. This can render your Xbox with error 16 if your drive cannot read disc properly eg....
( unleashx cannot determin if a file is corrupt or even exists )

I would rather you download the “Quick Upgrade.zip” and FTP the Quick Upgrade folder to the root of E and do it manually.

Also you are sure you are softmodded and not running a modified bios?
XBMC4Kids Mod

PSN ID = JCRocky5
geff7

Post by geff7 »

Rocky5 wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:40 am Also you are sure you are softmodded and not running a modified bios?
I'm sure I am, I use Unleash X, I can ftp and run games, apps and emulators fine. What should I look for that proves that I am?
Also I'll try the rest that you suggested a little later and I also tried to install an app and a homebrew app off the disc and they didn't seem to install, except create the folder for the app.
Rocky5

Post by Rocky5 »

geff7 wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:20 am
Rocky5 wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:40 am Also you are sure you are softmodded and not running a modified bios?
I'm sure I am, I use Unleash X, I can ftp and run games, apps and emulators fine. What should I look for that proves that I am?
Also I'll try the rest that you suggested a little later and I also tried to install an app and a homebrew app off the disc and they didn't seem to install, except create the folder for the app.
Yeah that’s not normal, it should be copying the files to the HDD, how much space is left on the E partition?
XBMC4Kids Mod

PSN ID = JCRocky5
geff7

Re: FTP in games? (error 21) [Fixed]

Post by geff7 »

I think I have 2,802 MB left of 4,881MB.

But I have just noticed I had a game on there, so I removed that and the Prep folder now I have 3,175mb free
geff7

Post by geff7 »

Just tried to do DVDX v2 and Xored Mini again and they both worked fine the second time... I'll try the upgrade and see what happens.
geff7

Post by geff7 »

How strange... everything the second time round seemed to of worked, I now have your latest softmod aswell. Thanks for your help!
Rocky5

Post by Rocky5 »

And all you done was remove a game from E?

there may have been a Prep folder or something causing issues prior to you removing the Prep folder and game for E.
( I don’t do cleanup first, I just assume you haven’t encountered an issue or already have a prep folder on E )

But you got there in the end so happy days :lol:
XBMC4Kids Mod

PSN ID = JCRocky5