can i use a caddy?

If you need any help with XBMC4XBOX, such as installing or using the software, please post it in here.
jdogg119

can i use a caddy?

Post by jdogg119 »

hello everybody,

total braindead noob here trying to softmod my original xbox so i can relive my childhood for half an hour.

ok what i would like to know is, is it not possible to pull the hard drive from the xbox, plug it into a caddy and hook it up to my laptop

then just ghost the whole image to a folder on my computer, then plug in a new bigger hard drive and ghost the image over to the new drive?

ive looked online and cant find any clear instructions on doing this and know if its even possible.....

any help would be greatly received

thanks. 8-)
jdogg119

Re: can i use a caddy?

Post by jdogg119 »

also could i not whilst im at it, just drag and drop the necessary mod files to the plugged in drive? instead of using the usb cable and usb drive?
XC-3730C

Post by XC-3730C »

No you cannot. You can either use Chimp to clone from one drive to another, which requires hotswapping with the DVD drive and a larger drive, or you can FTP into the Xbox, transfer the files to your PC, set up a larger hard drive with a boot disc like HeXEn, and then transfer files back to the newer drive via FTP (the latter choice assumes you have a mod chip or TSOP mod).
mrmajikbus45

Post by mrmajikbus45 »

Softmod copy files, see my signature for a link. It is super easy. Then afterward, just FTP over your home network.
A strong man doesn't need to read the future, he makes his own. -Solid Snake
American as Guile!
Get your Chimp on!