first of all i have to say that it is amazing that this project is still continued!!! Cheers to you! I didn't think of finding much good information on XBMC for Xbox classic on the internet when i ran into my problem... So now to that...
I send my Xbox to a modder back in 2006 and it came back softmodded with Krayzie_SC-PAL_Ndure_Installer_v1.1 Softmod.
It was configured to start XBMC (unfortunately i don't know which version anymore) when i press the power button and M$ Dash when i start the box by opening the DVD tray. And it worked like charm for years. Then last week i wanted to start up the box again and play some old stuff so i connected it to my new TV. But the XBMC Dash suddenly freezed! So i restarted the box but this time XBMC freezed at splash screen (or right after the splash as i tried it few more times). Everything else works as expected. M$ Dash has no problems at all and unleashX either. So i started a search and tried stuff i found for days now. Well here's what i did so far or where i am right now:
- Deleted softmod and installed it again with the existing savegames still present on my HDD. Now unleashX v0.38 build 365 is my default dashboard for now and working.
- Deleted old E:\apps\XBMC folder, downloaded XBMC 3.5.3 build (thanks to B4K3D PI) and FTP it over to E:\apps\XBMC.
- Create an advancedsettings.xml in E:\apps\XBMC\UserData\ containing
Code: Select all
<advancedsettings> <setting>value</setting> <loglevel hide="false">3</loglevel> <setting>value</setting> </advancedsettings>
Here are some more infos i guess you need as they were always requested in other threads:
- BIOS Version: 1.00.5960.01
- Kernel Version: 1.00.5101.01
- Softmodded Xbox with Krayzie_SC-PAL_Ndure_Installer_v1.1 Softmod
- UnleashX v0.38 build 565
- XBMC 3.5.3
- 80GB HDD (want to upgrade to 500GB SATA, but thats another issue...)
It would be SOOOO great if someone could assist me on that, as i have no idea what to do next...