UnleashedX

If you need any help with XBMC4XBOX, such as installing or using the software, please post it in here.
scroeffie

UnleashedX

Post by scroeffie »

with unleashedx for the games to show you must put them in a folder called GAMES < this folder i have 200 xbox games all showing !
i tried to add another folder called GAMES 2 < and put more games in that folder but they wont show why is that
so i have F:GAMES <200 games show
F:GAMES 2 <1 game ! just for testing wont ! show

i tried Games GAMES GAMES01 GAMES 01 etc
Rocky5

Re: UnleashedX

Post by Rocky5 »

You need to add the new folder to the config.xml
Download Xbox Softmodding Tool & Extras Disc
XBMC4Kids Mod

Xbox Gamertag = Connxtion
PSN ID = JCRocky5
scroeffie

Post by scroeffie »

this is what i did wont work doing something wrong

<Menu>
<Item Action="LaunchDVD">Launch DVD</Item>
<List Text="Games" Sort="On" Auto="On">
<Path>E:\Games</Path>
<Path>E:\HDDLoader</Path>
<Path>E:\Jeux</Path>
<Path>E:\Juegos</Path>
<Path>F:\Games</Path>
<Path>F:\Games1</Path>
<Path>F:\Games2</Path>
<Path>F:\Games3</Path>

<Path>F:\HDDLoader</Path>
<Path>F:\Jeux</Path>
<Path>F:\Juegos</Path>
<Path>G:\Games</Path>
<Path>G:\HDDLoader</Path>
<Path>G:\Jeux</Path>
<Path>G:\Juegos</Path>
scroeffie

Post by scroeffie »

i think my hdd is also getting corrupt in xbmc 3 games are not showing full name
blinx 2 and als 007 everything or nothing ,the 007 is not showing but the other james bond games are showing the full name
in unleashed x i dont have this problem all games are showing full name
i know i have the correct cluster size etc because i never had any problem ,maybe its time to format
Coldly-Indifferent

Post by Coldly-Indifferent »

scroeffie wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:38 am this is what i did wont work doing something wrong

<Menu>
<Item Action="LaunchDVD">Launch DVD</Item>
<List Text="Games" Sort="On" Auto="On">
<Path>E:\Games</Path>
<Path>E:\HDDLoader</Path>
<Path>E:\Jeux</Path>
<Path>E:\Juegos</Path>
<Path>F:\Games</Path>
<Path>F:\Games1</Path>
<Path>F:\Games2</Path>
<Path>F:\Games3</Path>

<Path>F:\HDDLoader</Path>
<Path>F:\Jeux</Path>
<Path>F:\Juegos</Path>
<Path>G:\Games</Path>
<Path>G:\HDDLoader</Path>
<Path>G:\Jeux</Path>
<Path>G:\Juegos</Path>

The answer is actually very obvious. That Config.xml is ONLY for UnleashX that's why they all show OK when using that dash.

When you're using XBMC you have to add a new path to each of those new games folders.

Go to Programs > Games or wherever your existing Games folder is located then white button click to bring up the context menu and choose the add new source option. Add paths to Games1, Games2 and Games3 or whatever you've named the new games folders.

As for the name issue: that can depend on the skin, skin version and icon display option chosen but generally they always present with a limited number of characters when passively displayed.

However if you navigate to the specific game icon so it is highlighted you should find that with any one whose title exceeds that maximum number of characters passive display limit it will animate and scroll through the whole name continuously.

If you've turned animation off in the Settings > Skins Settings then that might not happen but as I've never tried that myself I'm only guessing. It might also be an issue specific to a particular skin if the full title still doesn't animate.

BTW you can change the games "default.xbe" XBE title too. Both XBMC (Programs context menu) and UnleashX File Explorer context menu allow you to do this. With the UnleashX file explorer find the game's "default.xbe", highlight it and if you click on the white button context menu you will will find three previously greyed out options one of which is to change an XBE's title.

DO NOT CONFUSE THIS WITH THE FILE OR FOLDER RENAMING OPTION also available it is just the XBE title you want to change, the file itself must still be named "default.xbe".

The XBE title is the name that the main dash menus display and should affect nothing else. So you can alter the displayed name of games whose titles are too long for your taste.

Of course this same method can be used for applications and anything else on the Xbox too. I've done this for about half a dozen applications, like the EvoX dash which typically displays as RemoteX, and a few games with stupidly long titles too.