XBOX HDD Upgrade

If you need any help with XBMC4XBOX, such as installing or using the software, please post it in here.
2 Bunny

UPGRADE FIX Reply

Post by 2 Bunny »

That all looks pretty complicated. I'd go with an easy to use software called "chimp". Here's a cool video on it ;) :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4f9DR55bvx8

Of course since you're chipped, you wouldn't need to lock it unless your current configuration expects a locked drive.

- 2 Bunny
MikeH

Re: XBOX HDD Upgrade

Post by MikeH »

Great Video!! Would you follow the same steps with a newer SATA drive with a ide adapter?
spicemuseum

Post by spicemuseum »

MikeH wrote:Great Video!! Would you follow the same steps with a newer SATA drive with a ide adapter?
Yes.
Or rather, one would, but I wouldn't; I'd use XB0XHDM.
whufclee

Post by whufclee »

+1 however I've still not had a go with chimp so I just stick with what I know for now :)
MikeH

Post by MikeH »

Was finally able to use XBPartitioner 1.0 from my Hexen disk. My adapter was the one causing me headaches.. :cry: Was able to partition the extended partitions to 260MB with XBPartitioner 1.0.
What should be the proper extended partition sizes for a 1TB HDD when formatting it with XBPartitioner 1.1? I know it wouldn't be 927.78 GB like the 2TB HHD. Would 450 GB be OK? Any help or comments welcomed.. Thanks
MikeH

Post by MikeH »

462.03 GB 32KB Cluster size.. Getting error 21... :(
whufclee

Post by whufclee »

With the few 1Gb+ HDD upgrades I've done I've not found an optimal size, they all seem to work fine. Just make it whatever size you want it but if it were me I'd split it down the middle so you only have 32k clusters (which it looks like you've done).

Error 21 usually refers to a bad dash, did something get corrupted somewhere along the line? Can you boot with HeXEn? If so try re-doing the softmod, if it's not a softmod you have then I'm sure someone will have some advice for modchips.
MikeH

Post by MikeH »

I do have a mod chip.. I am able to load my AID disk and cycle through all the screens. I honestly don't know what to look for.. Should I format the drive again and start from scratch? Any and all comments welcomed.. Thanks Guys..
MikeH

Post by MikeH »

Well did some searching and found out that I need to rename some files.. (evoxdash.xbe and evoxdash.cfg ) They should read xbmc.xbe and xbmc.cfg .. Also the renaming is due to my bios I use X2 5035 bios with an Xenium chip. Went ahead and set Evo as my dash and will use XBMC as an app. I took the easy way out was afraid to brick my xbox.. :roll: :roll: