XMBC4XBOX heavily distorted / flicker

If you need any help with XBMC4XBOX, such as installing or using the software, please post it in here.
sepiah37

XMBC4XBOX heavily distorted / flicker

Post by sepiah37 »

hi,

i'm totally desperate ... i'm having a strange problem:

new versions of xbmc are flickering heavy right after i start them (tested 3.3.1, 3.5.1, 3.5.3)

i used a installer disc to set my box up, everything works. the xbmc version that comes with the installer disc is pre-2.1. this version works fine. but when i tranfer a newer version of xbmc(4xbox) to my hdd and start it - the screen is flickering really bad.
this problem just appears with xbmc, all other launchers/dashs, apps, games are just working fine

i tried different cables (YPbPr, scart, CBVs), changed PAL/NTSC with enigma switcher, tried all settings in working xbmc (pre-2.1) ... nothing helped

is this a software bug or something?

kind regards

xbox 1.4, smartxx chip, xecuter x2 4983.67 bios, 160gb, cpu: 57°C, gpu: 33°C
Attachments
20170322_150743-2.jpg
Last edited by sepiah37 on Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:35 am, edited 3 times in total.
Dan Dar3

Re: XMBC4XBOX heavily distorted / flicker

Post by Dan Dar3 »

You could try first by resetting XBMC4Xbox settings (hold both thumbsticks down when starting XBMC4Xbox)
http://www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk/wiki/Settin ... to_default
sepiah37

Post by sepiah37 »

hi,
thx for your help.

sadly it did not work. tried with 3.3.1 and 3.5.3. both still flickering and crashing shortly after starting them.
sepiah37

Post by sepiah37 »

any further suggestions? still having this massive problems, would be so thankful for help
Dan Dar3

Post by Dan Dar3 »

Ok, by your description it seems to be related to newer versions of XBMC4Xbox.

Do you have any other TV that works with XBMC4Xbox to run the XBMC4Xbox Installer plugin from my signature and use it to install a "Clean" latest version? Just thinking there might be some settings that are causing this.

I don't know if there's any useful information in it, but let's try getting a debug log:
http://www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk/forum/viewt ... p?f=6&t=65

Oh, what is the model of the Phillips TV and how are you connected to it? might be worthing googling it to see if there are other applications where it does that, maybe XBMC4Xbox gets it into a mode that causes this (using 1080?)
professor_jonny

Post by professor_jonny »

to me it looks like a sync issue

Old analogue TV's some times got false sync signals that caused tearing and skew some times these pulses that can come from video that extends below the screen blanking, in the area reserved for sync pulses. This can be caused by excessive enhancement of detail, usually associated with on screen text to make it readable.

try playing with the overscan settings also and reduce the size of the image also try to use the soften function with in xbmc and try playing with edge enhancement and soften functions of your tv and see what happens.