Help 101 new setup and how to for Xbox

If you need any help with XBMC4XBOX, such as installing or using the software, please post it in here.
Dls4

Post by Dls4 »

Hi, I'm really new to all this and have read about using an Xbox for all these wonderful things. We have an Xbox,Xbox 360, and Xbox one. Finding out that the Xbox can be used to do online viewing of movies and so much more is fantastic. I thought it would never be touched again at our house. I'm really not sure how to do any of the things required to make this happen. I have very little know-how about this. I started using pcs way back in the Dino. Ages with one from radio shack that we stored our entered game program on cassettes (if your old enough to know what those are). To now where the latest thing I have been able to do is download and use kodi on my laptop and send it to my tv via hdmi (because I don't even have a smart tv yet). I'm just trying to get this done for my kids to have another option to watch things on. We don't subscribe to cable tv, we just pay the outrageous fee for high speed internet each month, so we watch kodi and the boys watch a lot of you tube. (I love kodi)

Anyway just need the how to in simplest form please if someone can help?

If there is a better way to do this or someone knows an easier way, I'd love to know.
Thanks
professor_jonny

Re: Help 101 new setup and how to for Xbox

Post by professor_jonny »

firstly you have to exploit your console,you can either soft mod it or hard mod it or build a hdd with a copy of the eeprom key.

a soft mod is done using a specific game disk and a special save game file to run unassigned software on your console.

a hard mod involves installing a hardware device (modchip) to allow unassigned software to run off the bat from boot.

building a hdd envolves reading a key off of the xbox using a hardware device and modding a hdd with a soft mod exploit using that key to make the hdd work on a pc as by default it is locked from prying eyes it is really a different way of installing a soft mod.

once you have an exploit in operation you can boot up an auto installer disk like Slayers AID or HEXEN and either can automate the install of xbmc and emulators and other tools and in the case of a soft mod a font exploit to unlock the console.

so it really depends on what is easier for you ,can you solder for example would be one thin to consider before installing a mod chip?

if you re not too far from an existing member they could possibly mod it for you.

there some things to consider with a modded xbox tho it is not kodi and our python setup differes so there is incompatibilities with kodi plugins but there is a few dedicated xbox ones around and some are easily moddable to work on the xbox, the xbox is an old machine remember with a puny p3 cpu and wont play some of the hi-def media like 1080p h264 but if you can live with that you will be happy with the xbox.
hawsey

Re: Help 101 new setup and how to for Xbox

Post by hawsey »

Hello , and welcome :-)

The old Xbox is a fantastic media centre for all of your music , video files / photographs , it can ( when modded ) upscale standard DVDs to hd .
It can stream files across your home network from say a pc .

You can fit up to a 2Tb hard drive and it will rip all of your DVDs and CDs to the hard drive .
You can fill it up with Retro games and emulators which work really well ,if that's your thing .

If you are looking for movie streaming however it's haydays are over , you will be better off buying a Raspberry Pi 3 or and Android Box , we can't discuss the sites or apps for streaming on here .

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
Dom DXecutioner

Post by Dom DXecutioner »

[youtube]https://youtu.be/DJOEen1-234[/YouTube]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk