Does XBMC Support USB WI_FI Adapters?

If you need any help with XBMC4XBOX, such as installing or using the software, please post it in here.
gone

Re: Does XBMC Support USB WI_FI Adapters?

Post by gone »

The Mad Catz wireless gaming adapter works also.
gennyexd

Post by gennyexd »

Hello Guys,
i have a D Link DSL 2680...can I use it to make my XBOX wi Fi ready?? and if yes...how?
Thank you in advance for .....!
Geeba

Post by Geeba »

The D-Link DSL-2680 is a wireless router with ethernet ports in it also.... just connect the xbox to it as you would any device.....
gennyexd

Post by gennyexd »

Geeba wrote:The D-Link DSL-2680 is a wireless router with ethernet ports in it also.... just connect the xbox to it as you would any device.....
and how can i set the wi fi connection?? i don't think is enough to plug the router to the xbox....basically i should say to the router at wich fi fi signal to be connected and i don't know how. Also I would like to know what kind of network cable I should use between the XBOX and the Router:
crossed or regular?
Geeba

Post by Geeba »

gennyexd wrote:
Geeba wrote:The D-Link DSL-2680 is a wireless router with ethernet ports in it also.... just connect the xbox to it as you would any device.....
and how can i set the wi fi connection?? i don't think is enough to plug the router to the xbox....basically i should say to the router at wich fi fi signal to be connected and i don't know how. Also I would like to know what kind of network cable I should use between the XBOX and the Router:
crossed or regular?
The xbox has no built in wireless... you would need ether the official Xbox wifi adaptor or a wireless AP (Access Point) setup and your xbox connected to it... if you currently have a DSL connection and the router is issuing DHCP addresses patching the Xbox to the router in with a Cat5e straight cable will work fine, the xbox will get an IP address and you can check via system info on the xbox....
gennyexd

Post by gennyexd »

Geeba wrote:
gennyexd wrote:
crossed or regular?
The xbox has no built in wireless... you would need ether the official Xbox wifi adaptor or a wireless AP (Access Point) setup and your xbox connected to it... if you currently have a DSL connection and the router is issuing DHCP addresses patching the Xbox to the router in with a Cat5e straight cable will work fine, the xbox will get an IP address and you can check via system info on the xbox....
Sorry...I don't think I understood what you are saying...let's recap and see who can help me....
Here 's my need:
I have a wi fi signal available at home that comes from a 3G Device with WI Fi access point capability . So I need to connect my xbox with XBMC to this Wi Fi signal. I also have a Dlink DSL 2680 Router, but no anymore an ADSL capability. How do I connect to this WI Fi using the Dlink 2680?
Thank you in advance guys...
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

you probably can't if there is no option in the web interface to connect it to another wireless point. if you could run dd-wrt or openwrt on it you might have a chance but I didn't see it listed.

a wireless access point can be picked up for as little as £15. stick your unused router on ebay and put the money towards the access point.
Xphazer

Post by Xphazer »

Nothing can be done with the D-Link DSL-2680.. No OpenWRT or DD-WRT support.
Have a look at the two first replies in this thread from whufclee and me.. That's pretty much it.
From this point if you need any help with any of those options start you own thread to a get better support. ;)
gennyexd

Post by gennyexd »

Ok...all done: i bought a wireless range extender from Sitecom and works fine with XBMC !!!!