Change fan speed bios

If you need any help with XBMC4XBOX, such as installing or using the software, please post it in here.
Maza

Change fan speed bios

Post by Maza »

Hi everyone I want to change my fan speed in the bios, but I forgot which values to use in my fan.bin. I searched through the forum, but I couldn't find anything. It's now set at '0A' if I'm not mistaken that mean 20%, I want to change it to 100%.
Xbox 1.4, softmod, 250 GB HDD, Monster Gamelink 400 X Component Video & Monster LightWave 100 X, silent fan mod, Confluence Lite 720p
professor_jonny

Re: Change fan speed bios

Post by professor_jonny »

On xbins there is an archive with several files in it that you just drop the files in the correct directory of your softmod.

if you make the file your self you have to use a hex editor to make that file as it may include carrage returns and text formatting and the soft mod rejects it if so.

0a is 10 not 20 the standard speed so logic does not stack up there id look on xbins for the archive.
Maza

Post by Maza »

I searched xbins, but I couldn't find the correct file. I tied to google kingroach his fan speed bin files, but it probably isn't online anymore it's on enips but you can't download it. I finally found two files but those are for 20% and 30% fan speed. So I think i have to create this bin myself, but I don't know what to change exactly.
Xbox 1.4, softmod, 250 GB HDD, Monster Gamelink 400 X Component Video & Monster LightWave 100 X, silent fan mod, Confluence Lite 720p
professor_jonny

Post by professor_jonny »

this may be usefull i could not find on xbins also im sure it was there ?

this may be of help:
use a hex editor to create a 1 byte FAN.BIN file and FTP it to E:\NKP11\FAN.BIN
$0A = 20%
$19 = 50%
$32 = 100%
(fan speed in % / 2 = hex value)
Maza

Post by Maza »

I took the fan.bin which forces 20% fan speed and changed 0A to 32. Will this mean that I'll get 100% fan speed? I'm a real noob when it comes to using a hex editor, so I've no idea what I'm doing.
spicemuseum

Post by spicemuseum »

Maza wrote:I took the fan.bin which forces 20% fan speed and changed 0A to 32. Will this mean that I'll get 100% fan speed? I'm a real noob when it comes to using a hex editor, so I've no idea what I'm doing.
32 in hexadecimal (base 16)* is 50 in decimal (base 10). Assuming ProfJ is correct, multiply by 2 and you get 100. ...percent.

BTW, this is a mod I've done on one of my softmodded boxes with an 80mm fan mod. I recorded what I'd done on the old forum so it would be preserved in perpetuity! Oh.

(*From first principles, 30 hexadecimal is three lots of 16 = 48. Then add the 2 to give you fifty.)
Maza

Post by Maza »

Thanks guys for all your help, I appreciate it :)