Cache Full?

If you need any help with XBMC4XBOX, such as installing or using the software, please post it in here.
Braidxb

Cache Full?

Post by Braidxb »

This started popping up recently when i stream videos and I dont know how to clear the cache.
spinnersp

Re: Cache Full?

Post by spinnersp »

I too have this happening. I cleared cache @ E:Cache to no avail! Not sure wha to do. By the way using "Jan's" on a softmod if that matters.
kitana

Post by kitana »

It had been suggested that the link you're streaming from is not serving fast enough....
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=118692
UserT

Post by UserT »

Same problem here. Started about two weeks ago. I've been sifting though old threads to see if someone has a solution. Was about to make my own when I stumbled onto this. I am also running Jans. At first I thought it was a connection speed issue as well so I set cache at 0, but it was still doing the same thing.

EDIT: I thought I would add what plugins I've tried and where the vids were coming from. Using [removed] and watchseries.eu. And I've tried probably like 7 sources (putlocker, dvixden, ext..). Local and NAS content still works like a charm.
Dan Dar3

Post by Dan Dar3 »

Do you have this (3 months ago?)
http://redmine.exotica.org.uk/projects/ ... ions/31262

and was trying to fix this:
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/12820
UserT

Post by UserT »

Yes, thanks for the links! I don't know about the others but that sound like my problem (except it happens even when I am not seeking). You guys are awesome. Do I add those edits manually or can I just save those files and ftp them someplace?
Dan Dar3

Post by Dan Dar3 »

Those changes are in the source, if you got a recent release (check the version in either System Information screen or Q:\xbmc.log at the top) those are already in there. Otherwise, upgrade the whole package to a newer version (there are a bunch of tutorials on the forums here).
UserT

Post by UserT »

I was afraid you were going to say that. I'm running Jan's latest build which is 3.2 I think. Well, back to the drawing board I guess.
RGB_Gamer

Post by RGB_Gamer »

Any updates? I keep getting the "cache full" message even though I cleared everything.
onthatB0MBSHELL

Post by onthatB0MBSHELL »

Can't watch anything at present on 1 channel without getting cache full ( cache full before reaching amount)and buffering, any fixes for this quite annoying problem?
onthatB0MBSHELL

Post by onthatB0MBSHELL »

Help appreciated.
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

did you read the first sticky post in help and support ? or should we try and guess?

if people don't post debug logs, they cannot realistically expect any helpful reply.

also bugs to be reported against the last stable release for now please, so make sure you are running 3.2 stable. after that we can look at the dev version. note that the issue is likely that data is not coming in quick enough or something, but it's guesswork without logs.
UserT

Post by UserT »

Strangely enough I tried streaming again today after not trying for a few weeks and everything seems to have worked itself out. Working great again. Must have been a speed issue or something.

onthatB0MBSHELL wrote:Can't watch anything at present on 1 channel without getting cache full ( cache full before reaching amount)and buffering, any fixes for this quite annoying problem?
If you need to clear your cache it is located in E:\Cache\

and if you need to post a log they are usually located in the Q drive root, and it is called xbmc.log