xbox power cycle problem help!

If you need any help with XBMC4XBOX, such as installing or using the software, please post it in here.
sixties keith

xbox power cycle problem help!

Post by sixties keith »

I have a chipped xbox (crystal 1.6) i havent used this in ages s i use another chipped xbox as seen on the previous forum.

However when i went back to use the crystal the following occured - i turn it on it then it turns itself off back on off and then on with a red and green flashing light. nothing displayed on screen.

Ok so im no noob, firstly i turned the chip off using bank switches and got eror code 5 (as expected hdd not locked) secondly i checked to ensure all wires were connected, tried again same result, replaced both power and data cables tried again same result. replaced the psu, again same result.

dont understand why this happened as it worked fine on last use. hopefully some1 knows what im talking about

120gb hdd, vinyl magma skin, front lights, side strip lights, clear jewel mod with lights, ir dongle mod, hdd indicator. X3 with LCD many mods inc custom x3 jewel.
xman

Re: xbox power cycle problem help!

Post by xman »

Check the chip and make sure it is still fully on the pinheader. Also check the "D0" wire.
sixties keith

Post by sixties keith »

ok so checked the pin headers and the wires. not sure wtc is wit the wires tbh but the places they have been soldered to havent come loose and seem to be fine and look clean.

could the chip have failed? i see this as unlikly as it was working last time i used it and it wasent even moved while not on. any other suggestions?

120gb hdd, vinyl magma skin, front lights, side strip lights, clear jewel mod with lights, ir dongle mod, hdd indicator. X3 with LCD many mods inc custom x3 jewel.
AZImmortal

Post by AZImmortal »

If soldering is no big deal to you, then try swapping chips between the consoles. This will tell you if the problem is with the chip or the Xbox (or both).
xman

Post by xman »

I've had DuoX2 chips get corrupted bioses before. What chip are you using?.
whufclee

Post by whufclee »

Keith this may sound stupid but have you double checked the AV cable is fully inserted? Sounds a little like the error you get when it's not in properly.
sixties keith

Post by sixties keith »

hi thanks for your suggestions, firstly soldering is no big deal but i dont want to swap the chipps. firstly because the other one is a custom one and apart from that has worked 100% for years now and don really wana go messing around with it)

The chip im using is a 2nd executor as far as i can remember. i did post photos of the chips in both my rage and crystal xbox's so hopefully someone can remember.

As for the lights its a red / green flashing light with nothin displayed on screen. defo not the av cables (isnt it amber and red for no connection of this?) anyways guys having another look at it now and for the next while as im off work for the next couple of weeks.

Thanks again for the advice guys

EDIT - I looked at all the wires again and on the underside of the motherboard there is a number of wires soldered (around the underside of the pin headers) and one has come loose. unfortunatly i cannot tell where the wires has come loose from. is there a wiring guide about? im hoping once this one side of the wire is reattached the problem will go away.

Ill try explain with the chip at top of mb facing away from me are the 2 rows for the pin header it seems to be a wire attached to the top header row closest to edge of board. 4th one from the left hope this helps

sixties keith

Post by sixties keith »

any1 any ideas? im fully stuck atm ffs

This is the wiring i mentioned on the underside of the motherboard

The image of the chip in question

sixties keith

Post by sixties keith »

so has any1 any info that could help me. dont wana giv up on the xbox just yet especially if it is just that 1 wire. anyone?

xman

Post by xman »

That is a 1.6 using discrete wires rather than a 1.6 adapter board so your wiring would be this...
RebuiltLPC.jpg
sixties keith

Post by sixties keith »

Thanx for the reply xman. from what i can tell in the pic i think its where the top left wire is going i need to sort. checked all other wires and there all attached including the loose wie which is sill attached under the pin header. hopefully i can re solder this wire and all will be fixed.

Hope so as i turned my other xbox on today and got a hdd error. working again now but its signs my other hdd is failing me (80gb over 10 years old lol)

xman

Post by xman »

If it is the top left and it has broken completely off as one of mine did you may need to follow the trace back further as I had to do. There is another solder location further along the trace before it disappears into the board.
By the way, you really should have this posted in the modding section as it does refer to a hardmod and I rarely look in this section because they are normally softmod related questions here. Maybe a better approach to the forum layout would be a Hardmod and a Softmod section. Sorry Keith, just thinking out aloud. Good luck anyway sir.