USB Gamestop Xbox 360 Controller + USB to Xbox Original Plug

If you need any help with XBMC4XBOX, such as installing or using the software, please post it in here.
Zentaurus

USB Gamestop Xbox 360 Controller + USB to Xbox Original Plug

Post by Zentaurus »

Hello.

Is there any way to get my wired usb gamestop 360 controller to work with xbmc and games? I have one of those usb to Xbox Original plug adapters. I have generic wired usb N64 controllers too if that would work better.

GoTeamScotch

Re: USB Gamestop Xbox 360 Controller + USB to Xbox Original

Post by GoTeamScotch »

Long story short, no. The problem is basically a driver issue. It doesn't really matter which app you use (Xbmc/games/other). And before you ask...no, you can't just install a driver for it.
Remember kids, always zero-ize your HDD key!
Zentaurus

Post by Zentaurus »

GoTeamScotch wrote:Long story short, no. The problem is basically a driver issue. It doesn't really matter which app you use (Xbmc/games/other). And before you ask...no, you can't just install a driver for it.
So what would be the cheapest way to go then? Third party Xbox Original controllers?
GoTeamScotch

Post by GoTeamScotch »

Zentaurus wrote:
GoTeamScotch wrote:Long story short, no. The problem is basically a driver issue. It doesn't really matter which app you use (Xbmc/games/other). And before you ask...no, you can't just install a driver for it.
So what would be the cheapest way to go then? Third party Xbox Original controllers?
Pretty much, yeah. I routinely buy 3rd party controllers from eBay and they're alright. They're lower quality than the official controllers so it kind of depends on what you're after. 3rd party ones are typically made of cheaper plastic and will wear out much faster but they'll get the job done generally speaking. Official controllers are pretty cheap (monetarily) now days. If it's for an Xbox you plan on having for a while, I'd recommend getting official controllers.

For reference, 3rd party controllers you can get for about $8 each (including shipping). Official controllers are usually closer to $15, so about double the cost but worth it if you plan on using the Xbox for a some time to come.
Remember kids, always zero-ize your HDD key!
Zentaurus

Post by Zentaurus »

GoTeamScotch wrote:
Zentaurus wrote:
Pretty much, yeah. I routinely buy 3rd party controllers from eBay and they're alright. They're lower quality than the official controllers so it kind of depends on what you're after. 3rd party ones are typically made of cheaper plastic and will wear out much faster but they'll get the job done generally speaking. Official controllers are pretty cheap (monetarily) now days. If it's for an Xbox you plan on having for a while, I'd recommend getting official controllers.

For reference, 3rd party controllers you can get for about $8 each (including shipping). Official controllers are usually closer to $15, so about double the cost but worth it if you plan on using the Xbox for a some time to come.
Thanks, i'm probably going with the cheapest one off of ebay then.