FTP to PC using IPv6

If you need any help with XBMC4XBOX, such as installing or using the software, please post it in here.
Koitsu

FTP to PC using IPv6

Post by Koitsu »

Failing that, does anyone know how I can set a pc to allow public access using its IPv4 if it normally uses its IPv6? I didn't think it would even care, but I can't get the ports (that I barely understand) set to connect through IPv4 at all, and IPv6 is no problem at all....aside from the absurdly long address that the XBMC can't use.
BuZz
Site Admin

Re: FTP to PC using IPv6

Post by BuZz »

How is this related to xbmc4xbox ? Are you talking about FTP'ing to the PC from the XBOX ? If so, the Xbox doesn't have IPv6.

Can't advise on anything else as you don't state what OS or software you are using.
Koitsu

Re: FTP to PC using IPv6

Post by Koitsu »

It was only indirectly related, in that I just wanted to have an Xbox from my friend's house play music from the public IP of my PC (running Win7 and a Filezilla server) using XBMC through its FTP. I couldn't get anything through IPv4, but IPv6 worked, but of course the Xbox didn't allow IPv6. I had the port open, but there was a socket error, 500 Permission Denied.

Anyway, it's solved. I had to uncheck Explicit and Implicit TLS on the server.