Playing xbox games off hard drive & VIDEO format issues

If you need any help with XBMC4XBOX, such as installing or using the software, please post it in here.
Xmrvile

Playing xbox games off hard drive & VIDEO format issues

Post by Xmrvile »

Ok so I have a 750 GIG xbox running in 720p with xbmc4xbox,
I was hoping someone could answer some video resolution problems i'm having?
I have set up xbmc4xbox to access 420p - 720p- 1080i

Some games i play I noticed look insanely interlaced messed up ( like the attached picture )This is me trying to play tony hawk pro skater 3.
Some games will boot into a black screen and never work. :x Am i missing something in my setup?
Should all games work and be playable when using a HD cord on my xbox or no? How can you fix the video mode they start in from the xbox?

I would love some feedback and help on this.. my HD xbox doesn't seem to play nice with a few of my favorite xbox games booting from the hard drive
Attachments
13293269_1004867879568426_881286525_n.jpg
Xmrvile

Re: Playing xbox games off hard drive & VIDEO format issues

Post by Xmrvile »

UPDATE: I turned off 420p 720p and 1080i and did a restart and was able to play the xbox games that looked like the interlaced attached picture.. this fixed the issue.. unfortunately xbmc4xbox doesn't have the option to switch resolutions without turning them off and resetting the xbox.. maybe this would make a good future update to xbmc unless its impossible for the xbox to do this without a reset.
asbo

Re: Playing xbox games off hard drive & VIDEO format issues

Post by asbo »

If you press either the white or black button(can't remember which), on the game before you launch it, you'll get a menu with the option to launch it in PAL, NTSC, etc, etc mode. One of those modes may fix the problem.
Unless things have changed since I last looked into it, it's generally not a good idea to run XBMC in 1080i mode as the xbox will quickly run out of free memory.