XBMC Icons & Thumbails

If you need any help with XBMC4XBOX, such as installing or using the software, please post it in here.
NeMesiS

XBMC Icons & Thumbails

Post by NeMesiS »

Hey, everyone...

I'm in the process of putting together some icons and thumbnails...
I know that renaming a image to default.tbn will produce a thumbnail for that app or game,
But is there a way to assign a thumbnail to a parent folder?
Or is it possible to go to and from wide icons and box art?

Thanks, Nem
Koitsu

Re: XBMC Icons & Thumbails

Post by Koitsu »

If you mean a thumbnail for something like your overall GAMES or APPS folder, pressing the White button over them should give you that option.

Ignore the Wizard icon, but the GAMES icon is something you can have XBMC search for. Any reasonable image in your xbox should do.

I don't think the box art switch on the fly is an option. Possibly something you could ask them to implement, but that might be something particular to a skin.
Rocky5

Post by Rocky5 »

Folder.jpg not work?
Download Xbox Softmodding Tool & Extras Disc
XBMC4Kids Mod

Xbox Gamertag = Connxtion
PSN ID = JCRocky5
Koitsu

Post by Koitsu »

No, XMBC won't look for a thumbnail for the parent source unless you set it yourself.
belfastgonzo

Post by belfastgonzo »

I've been struggling to assign wide banner icons to individual Xbox games in Xbmc. The 'Choose thumbnail' option doesn't appear for them (as it does for Emulators etc.)

Any help appreciated. (I have looked and tried a few things, and the only solution I found seemed to be ultra awkward. I'm sure there must be a basic way :-/ )
Rocky5

Post by Rocky5 »

belfastgonzo wrote:I've been struggling to assign wide banner icons to individual Xbox games in Xbmc. The 'Choose thumbnail' option doesn't appear for them (as it does for Emulators etc.)

Any help appreciated. (I have looked and tried a few things, and the only solution I found seemed to be ultra awkward. I'm sure there must be a basic way :-/ )
Rename the image to default.tbn place it next to the game/application default.xbe and then remove the folder "Q:\USERDATA\Thumbnails\Programs" now restart XBMC & your thumb will now be re-cached.

If you have a look on my XBMC4Kids GitHub you will find a clean programs thumbs script this does the latter.
(It's located in the Mod files\scripts\XBMC4Kids Extras\)
Download Xbox Softmodding Tool & Extras Disc
XBMC4Kids Mod

Xbox Gamertag = Connxtion
PSN ID = JCRocky5