Xbmc4xbox home page shortcut problems

If you need any help with XBMC4XBOX, such as installing or using the software, please post it in here.
sixties keith

Xbmc4xbox home page shortcut problems

Post by sixties keith »

I decided to add some home menu shortcuts in the skin settings shortcuts (home page video submenu) i made sure they were named correctly and they appeared in the home screen under the videos tab, however when selecting any of these shortcuts i simply get a script failed.

Ive went manually into the plugins folder and checked to ensure the video plugins are working which they are so was wondering if this is an issue with just me or is it happening to everyone?

Im on the newest build (3.5.3) and if required an provide a debug log. thanks

120gb hdd, vinyl magma skin, front lights, side strip lights, clear jewel mod with lights, ir dongle mod, hdd indicator. X3 with LCD many mods inc custom x3 jewel.
Dan Dar3

Re: Xbmc4xbox home page shortcut problems

Post by Dan Dar3 »

A debug log would help to find where the problem is, whether is with calling the script or the code in it.
sixties keith

Post by sixties keith »

nps at all mate thanks for the quick reply, im not near my xbox atm but ill make it top of the list for the morning

cheers again

120gb hdd, vinyl magma skin, front lights, side strip lights, clear jewel mod with lights, ir dongle mod, hdd indicator. X3 with LCD many mods inc custom x3 jewel.
sixties keith

Post by sixties keith »

ok so did a test this morning, first tried to start channel pear and once it failed i tried bbc iplayer to be sure.

debug log - HERE

Dan Dar3

Post by Dan Dar3 »

Thanks Keith. Let me have a look, if they work on their own from the video plugin screen, then there is a problem with addon-to-plugin resolution (plugin://video/BBC iPlayer => plugin.video.bbciplayer => plugin://video/bbciplayer). I remember this being an issue before, not sure whether we did something about it or not.

You could try to renaming the plugin to BBCiPlayer to remove the space from its name and adding that the home screen, I think that would work, but not sure yet of the implications to say update process when a new version is released.
sixties keith

Post by sixties keith »

no problem i'll try renaming it and report back thanks

sixties keith

Post by sixties keith »

I renamed the plugins to ensure there were no more spaces in the names. Checked all the affected plugins and all is well now. maybe worth noting this for the next xbmc4xbox release perhaps?

ive only got one more problem with xbmc4xbox now (at least that ive noticed) to do with .wma music playback not working as it should (ie. not correctly fast forwarding or rewinding) but i'll try get a post up about it soon.

as always many thanks for the help