contollers dont work but remote does

If you need any help with XBMC4XBOX, such as installing or using the software, please post it in here.
leary123

contollers dont work but remote does

Post by leary123 »

not sure why but my controller doesnt seem to work anymore with xbmc (standard xbox later revision controller) the controller is reasonably new as i had to two (phat) old style controllers. but the leads started to break away from their sleeve where they go into the controller so you would have to bend the leads in the right postion to get them to work...anyway i turned the machine on the other day to find i get no input from the controller. i unplugged the controller cable extender that i use and tried directly plugging in the controller but no joy.. i tried all 4 ports but again no joy. i then tried the two old controllers but again no joy...the dongle for the official remote is plugged on port 3 and the remote behaves perfectly..but yet i cant get any joy with a controller. i only have one break away plug so i wonder if it is that but i cant see how that would be broken..but then it seems to be the only thing left that could be an option. im just surprised as the new controller i have was bought brand new 6 months ago and seems in perfect order from appearances.
Redneck9

Re: contollers dont work but remote does

Post by Redneck9 »

I'd say the wires in the cable have torn.

If you wrap the cable around the controller, tiny wires inside the cable break and you'll end up with a bricked controller.
sixties keith

Re: contollers dont work but remote does

Post by sixties keith »

This is true alot of controllers end up like this. i have 4 which are useless but i do have 2 others i took apart and fixed myself.

Have a go taking it apart and hav a look. the 2 i fixed ended up only having 1 or 2 broken wires i was able to strip and wrap together and they worked again straight away. The rubber 'seal' has to be cut away to get at the wires so wen putting it back together wrap abit of electrical tape around the wire where it was so its nice and tight. this ensures less stress on the wires and a longer life span.

120gb hdd, vinyl magma skin, front lights, side strip lights, clear jewel mod with lights, ir dongle mod, hdd indicator. X3 with LCD many mods inc custom x3 jewel.