Strange thing happen on Summary Information

If you need any help with XBMC4XBOX, such as installing or using the software, please post it in here.
debra94

Strange thing happen on Summary Information

Post by debra94 »

..first of all ..thks to all ppls that keep this project alive !! .. ..great work ..really appreciate
..2nd sorry for my poor english
..3rd ..trying to explain my curious strange thing

Have upgrade XBMC to the last version ..some days ago.. and ..when going on "Summary Information"
and waiting that populate fields "Operating system" + "System uptime" + "Total uptime" i see "Busy" ..nothing of strange till here
..some secs after on that fileds appear the corret information ..but ..then ..some more after secs.. appear again "Busy" and i need to wait again.. and this continue..

Same happen if check "Hard Disk" ..the fields "HDD model" + "HDD serial" and so on staying in busy ..then appear the information then back on busy and need to wait for see the correct information .. ..

this "strange" thing happen whit XBMC-3.5.3-Rev.33027 and XBMC-3.5-Rev.32978 and if remember well not happen whit XBMC-3.3-Rev.31796

..someone can explain why ? ..off corse not a great probleam that blocking the system ..but just an annoying strange thing that happen ;)

some screens:
http://imgur.com/tiDzbo6
http://imgur.com/tiDzbo6

and log:
http://pastebin.com/QrrKXGph

..thx
xman

Re: Strange thing happen on Summary Information

Post by xman »

Very observant of you. I have had that very same issue on two of those builds only I put it down to the machines being a 1 or 2TB sata HDDs and therefore taking longer and displaying the busy notification. You somewhat have confirmed my thoughts as to what caused it on my machines may well have been wrong. Looks like it may well be an issue with the builds not that it is a real big problem. The info does display, it just takes a little more time than normal. So looks like there is an issue with the latest build but I have found no others. Everything else seems to be running quite well. BuZzard's work on the scrappers seems to be working great. Also the weather seems to be fetching the weather info fine. These were the two problems with the older builds that really needed addressing and therefore they were the ones that BuZz attacked. Has anyone noticed any other problems so he knows what to look at?.
Also a thumb for Debra94 for pointing this issue out.
debra94

Re: Strange thing happen on Summary Information

Post by debra94 »

hoo well so i'm not alone xman !!!..
(blush) ..really thinking to have make an annoying question/issue ..!!

If can help can swap XBMC ver. with older and make some test ..for check and discover exactly what ver./rev. having this "trouble".. . .
(unfortunately my second XBOX (that i use 4 testing & modding XBMC) burn some year ago ...)