Help getting Yelo (Halo 2) Trainer to work w/ XBMC 3.5.3

If you need any help with XBMC4XBOX, such as installing or using the software, please post it in here.
Wally12

Help getting Yelo (Halo 2) Trainer to work w/ XBMC 3.5.3

Post by Wally12 »

I have Halo 2 installed to my HDD using a copy of the physical retail disc. I have all the DLC installed along with the latest 1.5 game update (last patch Bungie released). I have both Phantom map packs, both Killtrocity map packs, Halo 2 Combat Evolved, and the Halo 2 Remapped AI Revision pack installed. I really want to get Yelo to work because without it, I can't enable the AI to work. I read that XMBC has the Xored Trainer launcher built into it. Is that true? I have put almost 900 trainers in a "Trainer" folder in the root of my F partition and that is setup and working. I tested a Halo 1 trainer with the game installed to my HDD and it worked flawlessly, so I'm assuming all the others do as well.

But, my problem is just with Yelo. I have tried finding some old tutorials, but they are kind of hard to find or are outdated for what I'm trying to do. The only success I had was using the Xored Mini Launcher 2.2 app and installing Yelo into that app. But, I can't have the Halo 2 Remapped AI Revision pack placed in a folder within the game folder (see image link) my other map packs, because the Xored Trainer app will not recognize its location and populate it into the game list.

Halo Game Folder:
http://i.imgur.com/5vDoXp8.png

Tutorials:
http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/threads ... hdd.46938/
http://old.halomods.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=46369
http://www.remnantmods.com/forums/viewt ... f=13&t=926

Yelo Info: This says, "This trainer will only work with the Xored ETM Launcher v2.2 (due to memory allocation issues) so be sure to download that before use." However, it is an old article so I don't know if this is still true.
http://codeescape.com/2010/11/yelo-halo ... iner-hack/

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Update:

I took a look at the "Xored.ini" file and after several tries editing it, I am finally able to do what I wanted. I also installed the launcher into the aforementioned folder to make navigating to it easier, and it just make sense being there if this is its only purpose. I would still like to not have to use the Xored Mini Launcher if possible though.

This is the first part of the .ini file that I tweaked to get it to work if anyone is curious.

Code: Select all

# 1 trainer path only
Trainers_Path = "F:\Games\Halo 2 Modded Maps\mini\Trainers\Yelo v1.5"
#Trainers_Path = "F:\Games\Halo 2 Modded Maps\mini\Trainers\Yelo v1.5"

# 20 game folder or xbe paths max
Games_Path1	= "F:\Games\Halo 2 Modded Maps"
Games_Path2	= "F:\Games"
Last edited by Wally12 on Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
Computers & tinkering with different tech. I run a YouTube gaming channel in my spare time: Join the fun!
NOTTHESAME

Re: Help getting Yelo (Halo 2) Trainer to work w/ XBMC 3.5.3

Post by NOTTHESAME »

You need to run with evolution x dashboard as well with no issues, also thanks for that good info
Nextelhalo

Post by Nextelhalo »

I may be way out in left field here but since XBMC does support trainers (no secondary app needed) why not just update your trainer list in XBMC (go into your Games folder first and hit the white button to point at them). That's what I've done and had no issues.
Halo LE Blue (Japan Black jewel) v1.0 1.0GHZ Trusty 128 RAM 640GB Blue-White P/E LED's
White v1.4 X3 CE with X3 CP 500GB Blue-white P/E LED's Blue Jewel
Debug kit untouched
Wally12

Post by Wally12 »

Nextelhalo wrote:I may be way out in left field here but since XBMC does support trainers (no secondary app needed) why not just update your trainer list in XBMC (go into your Games folder first and hit the white button to point at them). That's what I've done and had no issues.
I did try doing that. While I have had success with a bunch of other trainers, it didn't work with Yelo. Doing as you suggest, when I enabled Yelo it turns the trainer icon yellow but then the game will not start when I select it. No game will start, even after disabling Yelo. To fix it, I have to restart my Xbox. So, I went with the way I described. If you know how to do it without the Xored Launcher, I'd be interested in learning.
Computers & tinkering with different tech. I run a YouTube gaming channel in my spare time: Join the fun!