[SOLVED] XBMC wont load - identify my chip/softmod

If you need any help with XBMC4XBOX, such as installing or using the software, please post it in here.
Zentaurus

Re: XBMC stuck at splash screen

Post by Zentaurus »

BuZz wrote:Did you install it on another partition to test as suggested ?
Yes, it just freezes at the splash screen as usual. I have these third party wireless controllers for my Xbox, it can't have something to do with that can it? And my Database looks like this, and the CDDB folder is empty.

Last edited by Zentaurus on Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

Well, it's worth unplugging any peripherals to test at least.
Zentaurus

Post by Zentaurus »

BuZz wrote:Well, it's worth unplugging any peripherals to test at least.
I just tried to start XBMC and then quickly disconnecting the third party controllers, it didn't matter. Check the Database screenshot i posted above.
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

it's crashing setting up the database - for whatever reason (hardware / bios / something) - might not be even the database - since it was triggering earlier before when powersave was on. Would need details of your modchip/softmod or whatever to help further (not my area of expertise)
Zentaurus

Post by Zentaurus »

BuZz wrote:it's crashing setting up the database - for whatever reason (hardware / bios / something)
Isn't there something i can do about it? My C drive looks like this, i haven't touched it. It has looked like this since it got chipped by that company.

BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

someone else with more knowledge about modchips will have to help. I don't want to advise and then brick your machine.
Zentaurus

Post by Zentaurus »

BuZz wrote:someone else with more knowledge about modchips will have to help. I don't want to advise and then brick your machine.
Is it really a modchip though? Since there's a bios folder right there. And there's tools on the Xbox from the company like xflash and stuff like that.

This is what it looked like before i touched anything, minus the bios checker.

Zentaurus

Post by Zentaurus »

BuZz wrote:someone else with more knowledge about modchips will have to help. I don't want to advise and then brick your machine.
Couldn't someone just send the Database folder to me? Would that work?
BuZz
Site Admin

Re: XBMC wont load - identify my chip/softmod

Post by BuZz »

I cannot say for sure that is the cause of the crash. If crashing when doing database file IO it will just crash later.
Zentaurus

Post by Zentaurus »

BuZz wrote:I cannot say for sure that is the cause of the crash. If crashing when doing database file IO it will just crash later.
I don't know what to do next. Here's a guy that has the same problem as me: http://www.theisozone.com/forum/viewtop ... 67&start=0
Zentaurus

Post by Zentaurus »

I opened the Xbox up and checked for a chip, and now i know. It's an APPLE-X VI PRO chip. I'm thinking of flashing a new version onto it.

Zentaurus

[SOLUTION] XBMC wont load - identify my chip/softmod

Post by Zentaurus »

I just flashed M8_16 to my chip and it worked! This is amazing.

I'm so [censored] hyped! That was very good considering i don't know anything about this stuff xD
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

Nice job. Interesting to know it was a buggy BIOS then. Works with power saving on too right?
Zentaurus

Post by Zentaurus »

BuZz wrote:Nice job. Interesting to know it was a buggy BIOS then. Works with power saving on too right?
Yeah, i removed the advancedsettings file and it still works :D
Dan Dar3

Re: [SOLVED] XBMC wont load - identify my chip/softmod

Post by Dan Dar3 »

Well done! Other similar posts were suggesting issues with the BIOS as well, but I guess they're all different. Good to know what it worked with this one, thanks for clarifying what was it and what you flashed it with.
xman

Post by xman »

That is one hell of a messy C drive. Most of that shit can go.

That is one hell of a messy E drive. Most of that shit can go. :shock:

You may be best to redo the whole machine. It isn't healthy running that many potentially conflicting folders and files but it is up to you. You may be best FTPing what you want off the Xbox to your PC's Hard drive and building the Xbox HDD with an install disc like HeXEn or Slayers and then FTPing your stuff back on where you want it. The whole system needs a good flush out and a lot of that stuff you have on there simply isn't needed these day. Apps like dvdx_v2, Ejecttray, Loadtray, MediaXMenu, video_select_v2, XBMP are all well past there day and a lot of others there, you will probably never use and if you ever do, you just FTP them over when or if you ever need them. I suppose what I am trying to say is simplicity is best. keep it tidy and reliability will follow. What an install disc will do is get the machine to a running state by itself and from there you add what you want where you want it. What you have at present is a machine built about a decade ago using methods that were required a decade ago. Since then a lot of them have been incorporated into other apps and therefore made the basic original apps redundant.

Just to give you some idea. I run modchip machines and have 8 files in my C drive. You have 23.
And in my E Apps I have 4 folders. You have 20. See what I mean?. Maybe you like all the stuff in the machine, some people do. Personally I prefer it keeping it clutter free. I just can't see the sense of filling it with crap that I'm likely never to use.
Zentaurus

Post by Zentaurus »

xman wrote:Image

That is one hell of a messy C drive. Most of that shit can go.

That is one hell of a messy E drive. Most of that shit can go. :shock:

You may be best to redo the whole machine. It isn't healthy running that many potentially conflicting folders and files but it is up to you. You may be best FTPing what you want off the Xbox to your PC's Hard drive and building the Xbox HDD with an install disc like HeXEn or Slayers and then FTPing your stuff back on where you want it. The whole system needs a good flush out and a lot of that stuff you have on there simply isn't needed these day. Apps like dvdx_v2, Ejecttray, Loadtray, MediaXMenu, video_select_v2, XBMP are all well past there day and a lot of others there, you will probably never use and if you ever do, you just FTP them over when or if you ever need them. I suppose what I am trying to say is simplicity is best. keep it tidy and reliability will follow. What an install disc will do is get the machine to a running state by itself and from there you add what you want where you want it. What you have at present is a machine built about a decade ago using methods that were required a decade ago. Since then a lot of them have been incorporated into other apps and therefore made the basic original apps redundant.

Just to give you some idea. I run modchip machines and have 8 files in my C drive. You have 23.
And in my E Apps I have 4 folders. You have 20. See what I mean?. Maybe you like all the stuff in the machine, some people do. Personally I prefer it keeping it clutter free. I just can't see the sense of filling it with crap that I'm likely never to use.
I will do a cleanup when the sata to IDE adapter comes that i ordered from eBay, i'm switching from the stock harddrive to 200gb :D I'm doing that one method where you plug the harddrive into a PC and run Xbox Harddrive Preparer, do you have any experience with that?

And i don't like the stuff that's there, it was put there by the chipping company :)

What bios are you running? Is M8_16 even the best one for me?
xman

Post by xman »

I use M8 bioses myself. They are quick, reliable and do what I want them for. They also work with HDDs from stock 8GB up to 2TB. They enable me to use one style of bios for every machine I have irrespective of the size of HDD and therefore I can swap HDDs from one machine to another without any issues. Others like to use other late model bioses.
Zentaurus

Post by Zentaurus »

xman wrote:I use M8 bioses myself. They are quick, reliable and do what I want them for. They also work with HDDs from stock 8GB up to 2TB. They enable me to use one style of bios for every machine I have irrespective of the size of HDD and therefore I can swap HDDs from one machine to another without any issues. Others like to use other late model bioses.
I installed M8_16 because it was the latest one i could find, what would i gain for switching to the latest bios possible?