Xbox One With KODI / XBMC?

If you need any help with XBMC4XBOX, such as installing or using the software, please post it in here.
sizoom

Xbox One With KODI / XBMC?

Post by sizoom »

Hello, i have a new XboxOne, and i was wondering if it is possible to Install Kodi/Xbmc on the XboxOne Consule?
If have guild i will be glade to get a link to it.
ty
Geeba

Re: Xbox One With KODI / XBMC?

Post by Geeba »

Might be a good idea to ask on the Kodi forums?

Their stance on consoles has always been the same.... submit a patch/code it yourself

Plex will be your best bet...

https://plex.tv/xbox
psyko_chewbacca

Post by psyko_chewbacca »

Buy a Raspberry Pi 2 and connect it's HDMI output to the HDMI input port of the Xbox one.

I'm sure it's possible to make the Xbox control the Pi through HDMI-CEC. It's just a matter of configuring both devices correctly.
xman

Post by xman »

I wonder if anybody at Kodi has ever taken the time to approach any of the companies that have MS rights to write games for the 360 and Xbox 1 and shown them exactly what Kodi can do?. Seeing as these companies are authorized to write software to be used on the Micro Soft machines, these companies could find it financial through the sale of Kodi that can be used on the machines. The 360 and the Xbox 1 have the ability to play content direct off the HDD so you wouldn't need a disc to be in place to use Kodi. The machines are also coming out with massive HDDs and therefore, plenty of room for stored content. I know it is against my better judgement to hint at the thought of selling Kodi as it is open source however, I think if Kodi was offered as a On Line App in Xbox Live or even a disc for the machines by either MS or a game writer authorized by MS, I think it would be a way of increasing the life and usefulness of the consoles not to mention a very good way of introducing Kodi to the masses.
I'm aware Micro Soft's business is about selling NEW consoles but an app or disc like Kodi would be quite a good money earner for them with a large Kodi user base that is already established and is being used daily on a multitude of platforms. I believe a lot of owners of the 360 and Xbox 1 would gladly part with cash to have Kodi on a console they or there kids already have. I believe most hard core users of Kodi would not part with Kodi on there PCs or other hardware they are currently using it on but, there kids, the wife etc, would be the main users because of the console's ability to be so much more user friendly. If such an idea was to be acted on, it would need to be right about now as the content still being written for the 360 is starting to dry up with most writers concentrating on the Xbox 1.
Just my thoughts on what would possibly increase the popularity of an App and excellent consoles I have used and had part of for many years now.
professor_jonny

Post by professor_jonny »

Problem xman is it would compete with microsoft's services video on demand etc... Microsoft would not allow it.

Also As it it is open source no developer would want to touch it as they would have to adhere to the terms of the licence, it really does not make commercial sense as you could not legally sell it which is probably the biggest reason as there is no money in it.
sidmehra

Post by sidmehra »

sizoom wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:47 pm Hello, i have a new XboxOne, and i was wondering if it is possible to Install Kodi/Xbmc on the XboxOne Consule?
If have guild i will be glade to get a link to it.
ty
Of course there is a possibility to install KODI on your Xbox-one. Thought the process it little complicated but if you follow it properly, you can run KODI on your Xbox-one.
Yvette37

Post by Yvette37 »

How can create a new password. It says invalid password.