XBMC won't load on startup

If you need any help with XBMC4XBOX, such as installing or using the software, please post it in here.
Xanz

XBMC won't load on startup

Post by Xanz »

I've had everything going really smooth for quite some time now. I've really had no issues with XBMC working. Last night though my daughter decided to power on/off the xbox many times in a row and now when you power it on, it only starts up the original xbox dashboard:

Is there any quick fix for this or did my daughter do something very damaging? I haven't looked into ftping anything as of yet.
professor_jonny

Re: XBMC won't load on startup

Post by professor_jonny »

is it chipped or is it a softmod?
Rocky5

Post by Rocky5 »

Probably disabled the chip if one is present.
(Try holding the power button in for a second or two)
Download Xbox Softmodding Tool & Extras Disc
XBMC4Kids Mod

Xbox Gamertag = Connxtion
PSN ID = JCRocky5
RunsilenT

Post by RunsilenT »

If chipped its possible that a long hold of the power on button will result in disabling the modchip if its an Xecuter,
so also try quick press of Power on just to rule that out. An unseated modchip would normally give an error,
Im not sure about a softmod though, Rockys the expert on how it would fail to default dash?
Xanz

Post by Xanz »

Sorry, I should have said that. It's soft modded.
Jerry98vert

Post by Jerry98vert »

This has happened to me a couple of times doing stupid stuff and all. I use Splinter Cell for the soft mod, so I have to go into settings ( the green original Xbox dash your screen shot) and change video settings and uncheck 1080i 720p and 480 then when I put Splinter Cell in the DVD tray go back into the softmod setup and just install the softmod over again. I have never lost any settings when I have done this. But of course I don't know how you set up your softmod.