Unable to connect via FTP

If you need any help with XBMC4XBOX, such as installing or using the software, please post it in here.
gametime5

Unable to connect via FTP

Post by gametime5 »

Im new to this and trying to get ftp setup. I have the xbox plugged into my router and its providing a valid DHCP network. However, when I try to FTP using the IP address it lists (192.168.1.3) with username and password as "xbox" it fails to connect. I've tried with both Filezilla and Flashfxp and both fail.
I know its connected to the network because I can ping it from my laptop. It has also synched the proper time when I set the "Enable Internet time synchronization" within the xbmc appearance settings. Anyone have any ideas of what I'm missing?
hawsey

Re: Unable to connect via FTP

Post by hawsey »

Are you trying to connect whilst xbmc is booted up or another dash ?
Try and boot up a utility disc like HeXen and then try to ftp when that is booted .
xman

Post by xman »

Sometime FileZella can be picky requiring it and The Xbox to be rebooted before they connect for the 1st time in a section. It seems if on the 1st time trying to connect, it doesn't, both will need to be reset before they will connect.
Dan Dar3

Post by Dan Dar3 »

You're definitely missing the Message log area (up at the top), look for the messages the ones in red, they'll tell you what the cause of the problem is: timeout, invalid user/password etc.

Make sure the FTP server is enabled and the password is set to what is expected.
http://www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk/wiki/Settin ... k#Services

Finally, if you want to reset the FTP server settings (especially if in the screen above it shows you question marks in the FTP username spinner) you can try renaming the Q:\System\FileZilla Server.xml and restarting XBMC4Xbox.
gametime5

Post by gametime5 »

I tried it again a few days later and it displayed a different IP of 192.168.1.5. It is still not working with Filezilla but FlashXPS works. I am going to be using that for the time being. Thanks for the tips!
crosscrunchy10

Post by crosscrunchy10 »

I am having this same issue on 3.5.1 :/

I've tried modifying both Filezilla Server.xml and guisettings.xml to no avail. I don't see where "None" is listed in the Filezilla Server file, but I see it in the guisettings. Even when I change it in guisettings and upload it using unleashX it reverts back to what it was. I'm going to try downloading a fresh copy of xbmc and replacing those two files. If that doesn't work, is there any place where those settings might be cached that I need to clear? Thanks!

Edit: I did a fresh install and everything is working properly. I still don't know what caused the issue, but this seems to be the simplest way to fix it so far.