Can xbmc be run via CD?

If you need any help with XBMC4XBOX, such as installing or using the software, please post it in here.
crosenblum

Can xbmc be run via CD?

Post by crosenblum »

Let me clarify, rather than having to softmod one of my xboxes, could I burn XBMC4XBOX to a cd, and then run that, like a game would normally be run?

I know this couldn't be done decades ago, but what about any new possibilities?

Thank you.
hawsey

Re: Can xbmc be run via CD?

Post by hawsey »

I am sure you are going to have to soft ,hard or tsop to get anything to work past the Microsoft security .Softmodding is pretty easy once you get the lead and compatible memory card ( I bought mine ) .
Dom DXecutioner

Post by Dom DXecutioner »

crosenblum wrote:Let me clarify, rather than having to softmod one of my xboxes, could I burn XBMC4XBOX to a cd, and then run that, like a game would normally be run?

I know this couldn't be done decades ago, but what about any new possibilities?

Thank you.
In short, no!
tim619

Post by tim619 »

It's a good question, interesting would be to know what prevents the xbox to not run something like xbmc from cd/dvd.
Some people say it's because the executable (default.xbe) is not signed (because M$ private key wasn't factored yet). But also the original xbox games (I mean those run from original dvd) aren't signed and they run. So something must be special about those dvds besides they are burnt reverse.
crosenblum

Post by crosenblum »

I have 2 xboxes, 1 softmoded but not working anymore, and 1 not-softmodded.

I am not that knowledgeable to fix the broken one, but that would be sweet, but not realistic.

And it's a pain to put the xbox hd into my pc's boot flow, so as to boot from my xbox.

I hate taking my case apart and then putting everything back together again.