Default player at certain resolution

If you need any help with XBMC4XBOX, such as installing or using the software, please post it in here.
Maza

Default player at certain resolution

Post by Maza »

Hi everyone,

It's good to see this forum full of activity, I just wish I would know a way to make my own contribution.
Anyway I have a question, I think to remember something about setting a default player for certain resolutions.
The thing is I want to make Mplayer my default player for all my movies at 960x540 and 960x544 (HRHD) and I want to use DVDplayer for SD resolutions. Does anyone if and how this works?
Xbox 1.4, softmod, 250 GB HDD, Monster Gamelink 400 X Component Video & Monster LightWave 100 X, silent fan mod, Confluence Lite 720p
AZImmortal

Re: Default player at certain resolution

Post by AZImmortal »

I don't have an answer for you but might I ask why you want to do this?
Maza

Post by Maza »

I want this, because DVDplayer drops frames when I play files at 960x540 and Mplayer doesn't. Also I use the Theater script when watching movies and it chooses your default player no problem at SD movies but huge problem when playing HRHD movies.
Xbox 1.4, softmod, 250 GB HDD, Monster Gamelink 400 X Component Video & Monster LightWave 100 X, silent fan mod, Confluence Lite 720p
Maza

Post by Maza »

No one?
Dan Dar3

Post by Dan Dar3 »

@Maza
You know you can press white button to show the context menu and choose Play Using... right?

I think there's a way to map which video player to use by type, but not by video resolution - see Q:\system\playercorefactory.xml
Maza

Post by Maza »

@ Dan Dar3

Yes I know that you can choose by pressing the white button and also title on the remote, but when using the Theater script you have to change the default player in the video settings. I will look into the playercorefactory.xml, to see if maybe just maybe I can map which player to use. I just thought by doing this I would never have to choose or change player anymore.
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

tis not possible currently. resolution of video isn't known until the video is played (and then only for that file if in library - we dont have the same file mode like xbmc on linux so that library info works in file mode). anyway, xbmc on linux has a background job that extracts this info from files on demand. we only know once a film has been played.