needing help with addons

If you need any help with XBMC4XBOX, such as installing or using the software, please post it in here.
quinn9697

needing help with addons

Post by quinn9697 »

I'm Kind of new to playing with XBMC4xbox and I was needing some help with addons. I'm running XBMC 3.5.1. I know how to get to addons installer and things like that but what i was wondering is does the kodi addons work on XBMC4XBOX? or maybe someone could point me to some TV addons that do work.
tim619

Re: needing help with addons

Post by tim619 »

Some addons dont work without changing things that depends on whether the developer used some newer functions like getting addon title, icon and so on. But some developers want that their addons work on all xbmc and kodi versions so they use older functions. So you have to try these addons and if an error appears and you want to have it working post it in Python section and most likely it will get ported.
Most addons which arent working are only failing on 5 to 10 lines so would be easy to fix.

To get all addons working by Python side we would need to implement some functions or even better just relink them on our old equivalent functions.