can i use this hdd for an upgrade

If you need any help with XBMC4XBOX, such as installing or using the software, please post it in here.
bigdog2662

Post by bigdog2662 »

AZImmortal

Re: can i use this hdd for an upgrade

Post by AZImmortal »

Under locking, it says no, so assuming it's correct, you can only upgrade with it if you use a hardmod and run it unlocked.
bigdog2662

Post by bigdog2662 »

you can only upgrade with it if you use a hardmod and run it unlocked.
well im running a softmod so this hdd is out of the ?
Nextelhalo

Post by Nextelhalo »

yep, for softmods the hard drive MUST be locked to the xbox.
Halo LE Blue (Japan Black jewel) v1.0 1.0GHZ Trusty 128 RAM 640GB Blue-White P/E LED's
White v1.4 X3 CE with X3 CP 500GB Blue-white P/E LED's Blue Jewel
Debug kit untouched
AZImmortal

Post by AZImmortal »

If your Xbox is version 1.0-1.5, you can flash the TSOP if you don't want to buy a modchip.
Geeba

Post by Geeba »

I always had best results with newer / larger HDDS when it came to locking... anyone tried to lock and SSD yet.. theyre really cheap at the mo... £29 buys a 60Gb drive... wonder if there is any performance increase... obviously limited by the IDE interface.... Hmmmmmm.... 8-)

Hmmm thinking of HDD's - is there any working SATA - IDE converters around at the moment?
professor_jonny

Post by professor_jonny »

Yip you can lock a ssd, i even tried to lock a cf to ide adaptor but that did not work but it is probally card dependant i only had one to test it tho
5l1p

Post by 5l1p »

To be absolutely sure connect the HD to your PC and use a program called HDtune, click the info tab. If there is a tick in the security mode box then it will work.
ltdanno360

Post by ltdanno360 »

as long as this thread is open // i wont open anouther ...
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xoujb7ka9ad55 ... 103124.jpg
Ok i got this hard drive here [see link] it came out of a Stock xbox from craigslist
that i do Not have the box anymore is there an way that i can use it in my
current Xbox [ it has a seagate 10 gig in it ] and i still have the Xboxhdm dvd that i used
on it. Can i use it on this WD400BB-60JKCO

thanks for the help guy..

P.S. I have read ; elsewere that its a paperweight cause its locked and i dont have the passkey but
id like to think that technology has advanced
further than simple minds..
NEW MOD! Tsop'ed ,, ind.bios 5003.06
1.2 xbox 80GB ATA/133 HDD +
XBMC
ndure +xboxhdm softmoded V1.6 console
XBMC4XBOX before .3.3 jans_english_version
250 gig Maxtor XXXXXXXX
Component cables + Hd tv

RECENT GAMES
capcom collection vol. 2
spicemuseum

Post by spicemuseum »

ltdanno360 wrote:as long as this thread is open // i wont open anouther ...
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xoujb7ka9ad55 ... 103124.jpg
Ok i got this hard drive here [see link] it came out of a Stock xbox from craigslist
that i do Not have the box anymore is there an way that i can use it in my
current Xbox [ it has a seagate 10 gig in it ] and i still have the Xboxhdm dvd that i used
on it. Can i use it on this WD400BB-60JKCO

thanks for the help guy..

P.S. I have read ; elsewere that its a paperweight cause its locked and i dont have the passkey but
id like to think that technology has advanced
further than simple minds..
I think you're saying that the Xboxhdm is from your old WD400 / old XBOX combination. If so, and the XBOXHDM has the EEPROM stored within its directories, then you're in luck, you can use that XBOXHDM to unlock your WD400 and make it usable once more :-) (...then throw that XBOXHDM CD away 'cos it's no more use to you any more since you don't have the XBOX it matches).
ltdanno360

Post by ltdanno360 »

i Ment that The dvd i made is from The Seagate 10gig that is currently in My Xbox.. i was wantin to No if i can use that Dvd To unlock/softmod the WD400-XXXXX and i dont have the Xbox the WD400 Came out of any More or its passkey
Sorry if i made it Unclear
XBMC
250 gig Maxtor XXXXXXXX
Component cables + Hd tv

RECENT GAMES
capcom collection vol. 2
AZImmortal

Post by AZImmortal »

Uh, your post is hard to understand (typos/grammar/caps/punctuation), so I'm not exactly sure what your situation is but I'll give it a shot anyways. The XboxHDM DVD that you made needs to have the same EEPROM as the hard drive that you're trying to unlock, so if you had two Xboxes, and if you used your XboxHDM DVD to prep Xbox A, then that same DVD won't work to unlock a hard drive that came out of Xbox B.
ldotsfan

Post by ldotsfan »

It might be possible to unlock the WD400 without the original eeprom with either one of these tools, provided the WD400 falls into the right family of supported WD hdds:

1. Latest version of HDAT2. Unknown which family of WD hdd is supported for the password dump feature.
2. My WDC tool: http://sourceforge.net/projects/xboxhdm2/files/wdc/. I have no idea if this works since I don't have a WD hdd to test. This is targetted towards the WD80EB family of hdd.
3. A MHDD 4.5 script. See this: http://forum.hddguru.com/unlocking-ata- ... 74-20.html. This is for another family of WD hdds. I might code this into smartctl once I have confirmation option 2 actually works.

But it seems you don't have the eeprom of the target hdd which you need to backup first , bypassing virtual eeprom with HeXEn disc - if I read your post right, you used the xboxhdm disc for the initial softmod and not for hdd upgrade.
Ldotsfan :)
ltdanno360

Post by ltdanno360 »

ldotsfan wrote:It might be possible to unlock the WD400 without the original eeprom with either one of these tools, provided the WD400 falls into the right family of supported WD hdds:

1. Latest version of HDAT2. Unknown which family of WD hdd is supported for the password dump feature.
2. My WDC tool: http://sourceforge.net/projects/xboxhdm2/files/wdc/. I have no idea if this works since I don't have a WD hdd to test. This is targetted towards the WD80EB family of hdd.
3. A MHDD 4.5 script. See this: http://forum.hddguru.com/unlocking-ata- ... 74-20.html. This is for another family of WD hdds. I might code this into smartctl once I have confirmation option 2 actually works.

But it seems you don't have the eeprom of the target hdd which you need to backup first , bypassing virtual eeprom with HeXEn disc - if I read your post right, you used the xboxhdm disc for the initial softmod and not for hdd upgrade.
yes that is Correct I used the Xboxhdm Disk on the Seagate It just really bugs me i have a ,western Digital 40 gig drive thats Basicly wasted ,almost cause i dont have its Eeprom or Passkey ,shame
XBMC
250 gig Maxtor XXXXXXXX
Component cables + Hd tv

RECENT GAMES
capcom collection vol. 2
ldotsfan

Post by ldotsfan »

HeXEn disc menu option 2.3.8 will backup eeprom of target xbox to E:\backups\eeprom\backup\
Ldotsfan :)