Skins not displyed correctly - too dark

If you need any help with XBMC4XBOX, such as installing or using the software, please post it in here.
scooterthedj

Post by scooterthedj »

As instructed by other members I have switch to using Hexen install disc anad not the AID disc that I used to use. The reason for this is I wanted to set this xbox up with XBMC as the default dash screen and that the Hexen disc is the more up to date installer disc. I have reinstalled a few times and added xbmc on the disc, the problem that I have encountered is that when xbmc is installed there are only two default skin, and when I FTP new skin folders over to the E:/apps/xbmc/skins like clarity and confuence the skin is not install correctly and its all too dark and you cant navigate correctly. Has anyone had a similar problem.
spicemuseum

Re: Skins not displyed correctly - too dark

Post by spicemuseum »

I can't imagine what would happen if you add a modern skin into an ancient XBMC version - perhaps your observation provides some insight.

I would suggest that you completely replace the ancient XBMC installed on your XBOX with XBMC4XBOX v3.5.
fxmech

Re: Skins not displyed correctly - too dark

Post by fxmech »

yup, updating will help. if you aren't comfortable with FTP (recommended), i suggest trying the updated HeXEn disc at theisozone.com, or Junk's installer
Dom DXecutioner

Post by Dom DXecutioner »

It's worth mentioning that if you have added a skin from Kodi, it will not work well as their skin engine is different than ours. You should only use skins designed specifically for the xbox.

As people often say, it is what it is...