How do you organize your music?

If you need any help with XBMC4XBOX, such as installing or using the software, please post it in here.
sealeysonic

Post by sealeysonic »

hi all...on my xbox i have 40gig of music.....all in one folder....ive never got any of the scrapers to work....ive had to add the thumbnails manually.....How do you guys do it ?

post a screen shot or two plz.
bigkidoz

Re: How do you organize your music?

Post by bigkidoz »

I have a music folder and then each album is in its own folder, previously i used Media Monkey for ripping and scraping but now i just use mediaplayer on my pc or the built in scraper in xbmc.
Sent from my android coz apple is for pie.
sealeysonic

Post by sealeysonic »

Yeh....i have just one folder...g:music/album/track1.mp3 and so on.....also in g:music/album.tbn which is the album cover.jpg renamed manually......ive never had any of the music scrapers work.
Dan Dar3

Post by Dan Dar3 »

TheAudioDB is the only one supported in XBMC4Xbox 3.5 and forward - the other ones were broken and were removed.
http://www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk/2014/10/xbm ... -released/
Scraper fixes and clean-ups

We had a lot of broken and unmaintained scrapers with the previously version of XBMC4Xbox. With the 3.5 release only a few are included, but they are all maintained and working. We have scrapers for themoviedb.org, thetvdb.com as well as theaudiodb.com for music. Please do support and contribute to these open database projects, as the content and results are only as good as the information people have contributed.
sealeysonic

Post by sealeysonic »

Ive no idea how to enable/use that script/plugin....carnt seem to find it....xbmc4xbox 3.5
sealeysonic

Post by sealeysonic »

on my back up xbmc 3.3 i can change the scraper in systems settings/music to tmdb...but i carnt find that on xbmc3.5.
sealeysonic

Post by sealeysonic »

So...90 views so far....no body has any ideas ? apart from the first few posts.
Dom DXecutioner

Post by Dom DXecutioner »

sealeysonic wrote:So...90 views so far....no body has any ideas ? apart from the first few posts.
Perhaps because no one is experiencing the same issue or they don't know... Than being said, the scraper is already set by default; works find for me after I updated the library from the context menu... but sure, I'll attempt to, guide you...
  • go to music settings-> library; enable Download additional information during update
  • ensure default service for music information is set to theaudiodb.com, which it is by default
  • exit settings
  • go to music files
  • add the source for your music and save
  • highlight the source you have added and bring up the context menu (hit TITLE on the DVD Controller or The White Button on the controller)
  • select Scan item to library and wait until it's done
  • go to music library, bring up the context menu and select Update library
  • if you don't get scrapped info; go to music library, highlight first album, bring up context menu, and select Query info for all albums
    a settings dialog may pop up; ensure theaudiodb.com is set and save
  • then go to artist, bring up the context menu and select Query info for all artists; you may, once again, get the settings, do the same as above
NOTE: you may not get everything scrapped; that's because either: a) the info is not in the scrapped database, or b) the info does not match what's in the scrapper's database

Although the following screenshots is not the default skin, you get the picture:

Try it and let us know...

Regards,

Dom DXecutioner
-
sealeysonic

Post by sealeysonic »

Thank you vary much...I'll try that asap.