Using Navi-X in HD with XBMC

If you need any help with XBMC4XBOX, such as installing or using the software, please post it in here.
Venom

Using Navi-X in HD with XBMC

Post by Venom »

I would like to run Navi-X in the best HD video settings, but it seems that the XBOX cannot handle running Navi-X and HD at the same time easily. I remember reading a post that talked about deleting things and shutting features off in order to get Navi-X to run in 720p. I think that post was on the previous XBMC4XBOX site. Any help with this would be appreciated.
I am also wondering if you upgrade the CPU and Ram in the XBOX to 1.4ghz and 128mb, will that make the XBOX able to run Navi-X in the Highest HD settings?
Thanks for any help. Chris
My Egyptian Tomb Home Theater: http://www.eyecit.net
bigkidoz

Re: Using Navi-X in HD with XBMC

Post by bigkidoz »

I think you are lucking to have navi-x working at all let alone in hd, trusty is not making the upgrades anymore and really from what i've read the xbox still wont output true 720P anyway.
Sent from my android coz apple is for pie.
Venom

Post by Venom »

bigkidoz wrote:I think you are lucking to have navi-x working at all let alone in hd, trusty is not making the upgrades anymore and really from what i've read the xbox still wont output true 720P anyway.

Actually, I have been in touch with trusty in the last couple of days and he is still offering the upgrades. Just waiting to see if someone with the upgrade can shed some light on if Navi-x performs better with it. Then again.... with the price of the upgrade I could probably build a small computer capable of running XBMC & Navi-x in 1080P
bigkidoz

Post by bigkidoz »

Venom wrote:
bigkidoz wrote:I think you are lucking to have navi-x working at all let alone in hd, trusty is not making the upgrades anymore and really from what i've read the xbox still wont output true 720P anyway.

Actually, I have been in touch with trusty in the last couple of days and he is still offering the upgrades. Just waiting to see if someone with the upgrade can shed some light on if Navi-x performs better with it. Then again.... with the price of the upgrade I could probably build a small computer capable of running XBMC & Navi-x in 1080P
I read somewhere he wasnt doing them anymore , Professor Johnny wrote in another post that the only improvement he got with his 1.4/128 trusty upgrade is with emulators and linux/homebrew.
Sent from my android coz apple is for pie.
Venom

Post by Venom »

[/quote]
I read somewhere he wasnt doing them anymore , Professor Johnny wrote in another post that the only improvement he got with his 1.4/128 trusty upgrade is with emulators and linux/homebrew.[/quote]

That is what I was afraid of. I had read similar posts about emulators working better, but that was about it. I think someone would have mentioned if it helped with HD playback. :cry:
whufclee

Post by whufclee »

As far as I'm aware the hardware upgrade will make no difference as XBMC4Xbox is unable to make use of the extra CPU/RAM.

However, Navi-X will work just fine in 720p so long as you use a lite skin such as Slik, JX720, XTV-SAF... If you really want to use Confluence then you'll have to use the textures_mod theme by NOTTHESAME - you can install this via XAI, it's called "Confluence Lite". If you want to watch true 720/HD streams then you're most likely going to be out of luck - you can sometimes get lucky and get one to play (depends on how it's been encoded) but generally the xbox will run out of RAM when trying to play these through Navi-X and will freeze.

FYI all my xboxes at home are running at 720p and I use Navi-X a lot with no major problems, I generally find the fastpasstv scraper the most reliable for movies/tv shows.