Help create a Playlist for music

If you need any help with XBMC4XBOX, such as installing or using the software, please post it in here.
Jerry98vert

Help create a Playlist for music

Post by Jerry98vert »

I have the most current XBMC and I am trying to do this youtube how to. I am doing everything that the video shows and once I get to "add to library" then go back to the main menu of XBMC, then I click right. When you look at the video this person has a whole list of items to chose from, in the video the person picks playlist to create a new playlist. For e all I get is files nothing else, any ideas??? Maybe a different verision from my new XBMC and the person might have an older XBMC.

Thanks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXC-kIFDHEU
Rocky5

Re: Help create a Playlist for music

Post by Rocky5 »

If you want to create a playlist there are two types (well there are on the PC version)

Smart playlist
Playlist.

Now smart playlist I haven't a bloody clue, never used it. (Had to code a window for it mind)

Normal playlist is easy to make.

Navigate to your music folder & if you want all your music in one play list, just hit (Y) on the top level music folder. (ie, Music, the folder you pick to get to the music, your music will start playing)

Now you press (Black) & it will take you to the now playing menu (playlist menu) press left to bring up the side panel/menu & pick save playlist or save.
Download Xbox Softmodding Tool & Extras Disc
XBMC4Kids Mod

Xbox Gamertag = Connxtion
PSN ID = JCRocky5
Jerry98vert

Post by Jerry98vert »

Thanks again Rocky5 once I get to the xbox I will try the Y .
xman

Post by xman »

I'll add to what Rocky wrote, someone may not know it. If you want the playlist as a startup file and your skin supports it, in your skin settings you enable startup playlist and browse through your XBMC /Userdata/ playlists till you find the playlist's name you made your playlist. It will be called "your playlist's name" .m3u.
If you want to add the playlist to your favourites so you can activate the playlist or playlists from your Favourites, go to XBMC filemanager. Open your XBMC folder/ Userdata/ Playlists. Here you will see the m3u files. Chick on the white button, (controller), click on "Add To Favourites" and click on the m3u folder you wish to add. You can make a playlist of just audio files, just video files or a mixture of both.
Jerry98vert

Post by Jerry98vert »

I am using Confluence like the Youtube video, I want a song to start at startup of XBMC. The Youtube video at music menu picking right is different then my XBMC. I did try the Y button on the song but the song starts playing and nothing else happens.

I am using a modified Conflunce that plays video before going into XBMC but that should not affect trying to start music on reboot.

Thanks
Rocky5

Post by Rocky5 »

Did you not use the startup.xml I made for you?

That points to the MP3 you want to load on startup.
XBMC4Kids Mod

PSN ID = JCRocky5
Jerry98vert

Post by Jerry98vert »

Yes that worked perfect for me. The problem, and I am not trying to frustrate you, is I am using a Confluence with video in the beginning and the startup.xml turns that video off. I am trying to get the best of both worlds.

So I saw this youtube and was hoping to create a playlist, so have the video play before XBMC then have the music come up. Also not bother anyone anymore on this issue but of course this didn't work for me lol.

thanks.
Rocky5

Post by Rocky5 »

Send me the skin folder & I will fix it up for you. (If the video is small send me that to)
XBMC4Kids Mod

PSN ID = JCRocky5
Jerry98vert

Post by Jerry98vert »

Everytime I try to attach the file the computer says file to large sorry I tried. I got the skin here:

http://theisozone.com/downloads/xbox/xb ... xbmc-skin/

For the movie samething file to large, I just got a 1:30 second youtube intro movie and called it XBMC.mp4.

Thanks for looking into this.