Movie Information not working

If you need any help with XBMC4XBOX, such as installing or using the software, please post it in here.
F_Zero45

Movie Information not working

Post by F_Zero45 »

Hi folks. This place is great. I really love that you're keeping the original xbox alive. I have an issue with my old systems. I have 2 of them and I cannot for the life of me get the movie info to download. I have searched the forum and google. I can only find info on the newer Kodi XBMC versions.

I am accessing the movie files via smb on my LAN. I am not savy on xbox systems but when I select "Movie Information" it pops up asking for the movie name which it already has it typed in. All my movie files are labeled as name then year.
For example, "A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984)"

I don't know what info you need from me but here are the builds it shows in the system info

XBMC pre-9.04 (compiled : Jan 16 2009)
MPlayer XBMC-SVN-r10070-4.1.2 (Oct 29 2008 - 14:51:13)

and the other is:

XBMC Build: 1.1.0 (Compiled Jul 10 2006)
MPlayer dev-CVS-060611-16:41-3.4.4 (Jun 11 2006 - 16:43:15)

They both do this when I select "Movie Information. Any help would be greatly appreciated
xman

Re: Movie Information not working

Post by xman »

Nothing wrong with your movie titling, the issue is because your XBMC builds are so old, they have movie scrappers that are way out of date. Use a later XBMC build and all will work fine. I other words, you need to upgrade to one of the latest build of XBMC4Xbox. :D
F_Zero45

Post by F_Zero45 »

I was hoping that wasn't the solution. Not that I don't want to. I don't know how and after reading all the horror stories about screwing things up I'm afraid to.

Is their a way to manually add the movie covers/art and use that instead of viewing them as a list or the generic icon?
spinnersp

Post by spinnersp »

You could install media companion on your pc,have it scan and scrape the drive with your movies.It will store the relevant info beside the movie.Then on the xbox scan that drive.Be sure you have the content set to movies.