Cloning XBMC4XBOX

If you need any help with XBMC4XBOX, such as installing or using the software, please post it in here.
tdogg2001

Cloning XBMC4XBOX

Post by tdogg2001 »

Hello all:
I would like to clone the contents of one xbox to a second. If i copy the xbmc folder to another with the same configuration (3.5), will it work? If not how can i make it work? I am trying to set up a 2nd unit without reinstalling
all of the plug-ins and repositories etc...
Thanks in advance.
Kevin G.

Re: Cloning XBMC4XBOX

Post by Kevin G. »

I'm sure there are others more knowledgeable on the subject than I, but I recently did a bunch of folder copying when I updated to 3.5 stable, and am working fine. (I did sweat it for a while, thinking I would break my build...) I would think it would work. Add the necessary mods, update to 3.5, and Ftp the files over from one box to the other.

BTW, the first box must be running everything the way you want...Is this the one we discussed? Hope everything is going good for you and yours this holiday...
spicemuseum

Post by spicemuseum »

tdogg2001 wrote:Hello all:
I would like to clone the contents of one xbox to a second. If i copy the xbmc folder to another with the same configuration (3.5), will it work?
Yes.
spinnersp

Post by spinnersp »

I think this will only work if xbmc4xbox is not running,you have to be in a different dash,I think?
bigkidoz

Post by bigkidoz »

spinnersp wrote:I think this will only work if xbmc4xbox is not running,you have to be in a different dash,I think?
That is the ideal way, so launch unleashx or any other dash before copying the XBMC folder or you will get corruption issues.
Sent from my android coz apple is for pie.
fxmech

Post by fxmech »

Yes, run another program with FTP to transfer the files over. Be it a bootable DVD or another dash like UnleashX or Avalaunch, the point is not to copy over an actively running install of XBMC. Note also that it is not advisable to copy over a directory, instead rename the old and copy to an empty directory. In this case, however, if both boxes are running 3.5 already, you should have no trouble copying over an existing folder.
xman

Post by xman »

You can FTP the drives in your 1st Xbox to your PC HDD and then FTP them back to the 2nd Xbox. I've done this myself. Copy the whole drive, one at a time. Just make sure when doing the drive that contains XBMC, the userdata file in particular, you either alter the IP address while it is in your PC or turn off the 1st Xbox so you don't have two IP addresses on both Xboxes exactly the same and get a conflict.
Rocky5

Post by Rocky5 »

You could just use UnleashX built in FTP client to transfer between two Xbox's on the same network. (Bypasses the need for a PC, note both systems must be using the UnleashX dashboard, for them to see each other)
Download Xbox Softmodding Tool & Extras Disc
XBMC4Kids Mod

Xbox Gamertag = Connxtion
PSN ID = JCRocky5