XBOX SOFTMOD TROUBLE NO PICTURE JUST AUDIO

If you need any help with XBMC4XBOX, such as installing or using the software, please post it in here.
Y0g3rtkid

XBOX SOFTMOD TROUBLE NO PICTURE JUST AUDIO

Post by Y0g3rtkid »

so i recently took my xbox out for another go at softmodding i downloaded hexen burned it to a cd-r an popped it in i hear audio but no images are displayed. im using a Microsoft XBox High Definition AV Pack. pretty sure i got everything plugged in right (its just matching colors) just no image. i read something about how you have to change the settings on the xbox but i cant see anything to do that. is there something i can do or download that'll reset my settings or what ever i have to do to get a image because it worked before when it was softmodded (and i screwed it up and had to try and reinstall another softmod which i gave up on but now have renewed my faith) ANY instruction or help would be great, Thanks in advance. :)
spicemuseum

Re: XBOX SOFTMOD TROUBLE NO PICTURE JUST AUDIO

Post by spicemuseum »

I had to read this three times before coming to some sort of understanding.

I think all you are saying is that when you run HeXEn from CD-R you don't get a picture. Is that right?

I know you're using MS Hi-def pack (AKA component video).
Is the box a PAL or NTSC box?
If PAL, is it configured for PAL-60 ? ...that can upset some tellies.
Do you have a composite or SCART cable, if so, try that. What do you get?
Are you sure HeXEn is actually running? Do you have the red led pattern? Have you tried a DVD-R burned at x4 or slower?

BTW, if this turns out not to be about XBMC4XBOX it belongs in the XBOX Modding section, I'll ask a mod to move it if so.
spinnersp

Post by spinnersp »

double check connections,insure proper color match,blow into connector,xbox and cable.
Y0g3rtkid

Post by Y0g3rtkid »

@spinnersp i've done that atleast abillion times no change

@spicemuseum your exactly right i dont know if hexen is actually running because i cant see anything ( havent tryed dvd - r but i while) and the light on the xbox is orange (but it was always orange i dont know if thats as close to red it gets or what) and im trying to get xbmc i dont know if the stage im at right now is for here or a mod forum (if you look back at my post from a few months ago you might know more about my situation.. but maybe not :? ) and this might sound extremely stupid but how do i know if my xbox is PAL or NTSC ? because i think that maybe the issue.. oh and i only get any results when i use composite cables (just audio) i have component cables too but they give no picture and no sound. Also on the back of my tv theres a component slot (green blue red) and composite (red white) but there is no yellow just orange which is for coaxial ( i dont even know what that is for but maybe you do) so what i have to do is put the yellow composite video cord in the green thinga ma jig to get a picture (if i were to play my ps2/ps1 it works fine like that)

PS - sorry for any miss understandings im american and we talk like idiots :)
spinnersp

Post by spinnersp »

you say you had it softmodded already,did you have xbmc4xbox installed,if so you could try hold in both thumbsticks while booting,

C&P from wiki:
Resetting XBMC settings to default

You are able reset all XBMC settings that are accessible from XBMC's GUI (Graphical User Interface) to the default settings, (which can be useful if you changed something that messed up XBMC so that you cannot access the GUI to change the setting back).

Hold down both thumbsticks (clicked) when launching or booting XBMC. This will cause a screen to pop up asking you if you want to reset your settings (including the active skin) to the system defaults.
The only settings not reset by this method is the Master lock code, and the advanced settings only accessible via manual edit of XML-files, (such as advancedsettings.xml, Keymap.xml, LCD.xml, RssFeeds.xml and PartyMode.xml).
xman

Post by xman »

I'd try using another TV before blaming any other part. You may need to change the settings in the TV itself by changing the settings in the Component input settings. Some are just straight component only but other manufactures like to use these inputs as a user selected input as well. Try booting the Xbox without the video lead plugged in and make sure the Xbox flashes red/ orange to tell you there is no plug in place.
Rocky5

Post by Rocky5 »

Well since your American, that means you're in an NTSC region, so your Xbox is NTSC. (So hd mode is enabled by default for you)

As for your led colours, if Hexen loads your led will turn red, this is how you know the BFM bios has loaded from the disc, if it's still orange then it's not loading discs.

Do you get the flubber animation & the Xbox logo?
Download Xbox Softmodding Tool & Extras Disc
XBMC4Kids Mod

Xbox Gamertag = Connxtion
PSN ID = JCRocky5