[SOLVED] Transfer multimedia "Watched" status to V3.5?

If you need any help with XBMC4XBOX, such as installing or using the software, please post it in here.
browsebot

[SOLVED] Transfer multimedia "Watched" status to V3.5?

Post by browsebot »

If upgrading from a previous XBMC4XBOX version to 3.5, which specific file(s) do I need to copy over in order for the checkmark to show up next to videos or songs in the file menu that I have already viewed/played when using the previous version of XBMC4XBOX? Thanks.
Last edited by browsebot on Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tim619

Re: How to transfer multimedia "Watched" status to new versi

Post by tim619 »

I would say if you backup your "userdata" folder than install 3.5 than paste userdata it gives you the desired result but for this your current xbmc install shouldnt be too old...
browsebot

Post by browsebot »

^^ That occurred to me, but I wanted to avoid copying the entire UserData folder from an older version to 3.5, in the event that something in the UserData folder has changed significantly between an older version and 3.5 and shouldn't be replaced or overwritten with an older version. That multimedia "Watched" status checkmark and my Favorites are all I wanted to carry over, and I already copied over the file containing the Favorites, but I haven't found the file that contains the "Watched" checkmark annotation. Anyone know what specific file contains that?
tim619

Post by tim619 »

If you've expected a more professional answer I have to say there is only one alternative way. Export sql table and reimport it or parts ("unwatched status") of it.
But to behonest that would cost much time and maybe it would give the same result as my suggest before. So easily copy and paste...
spinnersp

Post by spinnersp »

think you just have to export/import your video library. look here http://kodi.wiki/view/Import-export_library or you might be able to copy your "MyVideos34.db" file look here http://www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk/wiki/The_UserData_Folder
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

just copy over the UserData folder. the databases will be upgraded.
browsebot

Post by browsebot »

spinnersp wrote:think you just have to export/import your video library. look here http://kodi.wiki/view/Import-export_library or you might be able to copy your "MyVideos34.db" file look here http://www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk/wiki/The_UserData_Folder
Thanks! Your suggestion worked perfectly without having to overwrite the entire UserData folder, which would have reverted other settings I changed in the new version that I didn't want to alter (or have to change again). I copied over the "MyVideos*.db" files from the older version as you suggested, and when I ran V3.5 the Watched status checkmarks showed up for previously-viewed multimedia. I try to take the minimalist approach and only do what is necessary to do what is desired. Copying over the entire UserData folder would have overwritten other things I had changed that I didn't want to overwrite with old settings.

On a side-note, doing an export/import of that specific table in the database wouldn't have been very time consuming (but would have been an annoyance nonetheless), but simply copying over the MyVideos DB was much simpler and faster.

Thanks so much for the assistance with this. The UserData Wiki is a valuable resource for troubleshooting things like this.