[SOLVED] XBMC4Xbox 3.5 - missing Apps, Games and Emulators

If you need any help with XBMC4XBOX, such as installing or using the software, please post it in here.
UserT

[SOLVED] XBMC4Xbox 3.5 - missing Apps, Games and Emulators

Post by UserT »

I tried a few different binaries for the latest 3.5 thinking maybe I got a bad build, but when I load them none of my games show up. Apps, and Emulators are empty as well. When I load 3.3 everything shows up no problem. They are all installed to their respective folders on the E drive (ex E:/games). Did I missing something simple/obvious?
r32crazy01

Re: 3.5 - nothing works for me

Post by r32crazy01 »

If I understand you correctly, you need to copy sources.xml from your 3.3 userdata folder to you 3.5 userdata folder.
cashonly

Post by cashonly »

or just ad manualy new sources (click the button "ad source")
These pretzels are making me thirsty!
Dan Dar3

Post by Dan Dar3 »

@UserT
Yes, you probably did this a while ago and forgot. "Apps", "Games" and "Emulators" require you to add sources in the "Programs" section with these respective names, into which you specify the locations of where you keep them.

Example, go into Programs, add a source called "Games" and to that add all locations where you keep your games (E:\Games, F:\Games etc).
http://www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk/wiki/Adding_Media_Sources
UserT

Post by UserT »

Eureka! That was it exactly. You guys are great. Thanks.
Dan Dar3

Re: [SOLVED] XBMC4Xbox 3.5 - missing Apps, Games and Emulato

Post by Dan Dar3 »

Glad it worked, we should probably write that somewhere in the wiki, it's just that we all seem to doubt our writing skills :-)
Error06

Post by Error06 »

I’m actually having an issue with this as well, not sure why I can’t get this to work.

I am using XBMC build 3.5 that was released in October. I am using the confluence skin.

I was able to get my Emulators to populate in the “Emulators” header in XMBC by using FTP into the Xbox and adding a folder to contain all the Emulator folders called “Emulators”.
Now I want to populate the Applications header in confluence, but I was worried about changing the name of the “Apps” folder on E drive. So here is what I have tried:

In XBMC using the Xbox controller, I go to the programs header, and press “A”.

I press “A” on the “Add source” icon.

In the menu I press “A” on browse. I press “A” on the E: drive fold, then “A” again on the “Apps” folder. This then shows the contents on E:/Apps/ which is several folders with apps like DVD2Xbox.
I then press “A” on okay.

I have tried renaming the source to “Applications”, as well as leaving it as “apps” before I click okay again.

While it does create a new folder in the Programs header, it will not populate the folders or Icons when I go to Programs>Applications header.

The only thing I have noticed is NONE of these folders show a “Default.tbn” file that I used for the Icons for the emulators. Is this why Im not seeing anything populate to the Applications folder? I need to add in a default.tbn /jpg to act as an Icon?

Thanks for any help!

EDIT: Just tried putting in a default.tbn wide icon, didn't seem to make any difference....
Error06

Post by Error06 »

So I just figured out that the "applications: header in XBMC is actually looking for the file to be called "apps" not "applications. Left it as Apps, and it all works now!
PinkPrincess

Post by PinkPrincess »

Hi sorry for hijacking , i have just updated to 3.5 and im having the same issue im totaly new to all this so if someone can be kind enough to explain what i have to do id appreciate it thank you
EDIT
I have worked out where userdata is but i dont have a sources.xml in there
fxmech

Post by fxmech »

if your old install had sources set up already, check it's userdata folder again for the file and just copy it over to the new userdata folder.

sources are easy enough to set up. in programs, video, music, and picture sections, press the white button for the context menu, and from there you can open the add source dialog. the file will be created by xbmc when a source has been defined. if your old userdata backup doesn't have a sources.xml, it means your old install didn't have any sources defined.

this might help:
Q:\ points to the currently running xbmc folder. if this is the userdata folder you found, you have more searching to do.

check your E, F and G partitions for your old XBMC folder. it is a "virtual" drive, as it is simply mapped to the folder where the actively running install is located.

xbmc most commonly located in the Apps folder on E partition, but check all the partitions relevant to your Xbox. when you find the old xbmc's directory (likely right next to your new installation), you can copy the desired configuration files over to Q:\userdata

if you have trouble still, recount the best you can exactly what steps you took while updating
PinkPrincess

Post by PinkPrincess »

Thank you after searching around I found the file all working great now :D