Which is the Latest Stable Version of XBMC for Xbox ?

If you need any help with XBMC4XBOX, such as installing or using the software, please post it in here.
GhostOfTemujin

Which is the Latest Stable Version of XBMC for Xbox ?

Post by GhostOfTemujin »

Which is the Latest Stable Version of XBMC for Xbox ? , Mine is Running 3.0

so if there's improvements that's great, & can I just update from this version or what, & where can I get the latest Stable version...?

I know on this older version a lot of apps & scripts that used to work don't work anymore..., anyhow thanks for all the good work..., & for allowing my old xbox to be awesome.

Oh & a little background I have a mod chip installed & as I said XBMC for xbox , I didn't install the XBMC or mod chip myself though I believe myself to be capable , I could just use some information on how to go about updating the XBMC version to the latest stable one atm..., I recently got my computer hooked to a router & networked to the xbox etc..., & I know how to FTP files to the xbox ...

Additional Information - I have no functional DVD drive , do have a USB dongle thing but don't have any flash drives smaller than 8 gig...

so whatever I do I imagine I'd have to use ftp
Ponchofcult

Re: Which is the Latest Stable Version of XBMC for Xbox ?

Post by Ponchofcult »

First than all enter in the iso zone and download xbmc4xbox 3.3 stable and pass it for ftp next open xbmc and go to addons4xbox and next to get addons and enter in xbmc4xbox repository-program addons and then install xbmc4xbox installer later enter in xbmc4xbox installer and download xbmc4xbox 3.5 RC1 in 1 or 2 weeks will be releace 3.5 stable and you can install all the addons that you want enjoy !
whufclee

Re: Which is the Latest Stable Version of XBMC for Xbox

Post by whufclee »

3.5 RC1 is out and appears to be pretty stable so you may as well just FTP that over, full details can be found here. We're also building a compatibility list of xbox addons on that site I've linked to so it should hopefully help you decide what's worth installing on the old girl :)
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

Have changed topic title from "Question" to something actually descriptive :)
GhostOfTemujin

Post by GhostOfTemujin »

OK..., Thank you all for you information...., New Question..., is There any way to get something like unleashedx to boot from a flash drive??, because I screwed up..., & was doing too many things at the same time, got distracted & while in unleashedx I ftp'd in to transfer XBMCforxbox 3.3.3 , & I screwed up & had the correct folder inside two other folders..., half asleep...., dangit..., well now I feel stupid....
fxmech

Post by fxmech »

No. You said you have a mod chip. Lucky for you. Just put in a disc like HeXEn (search Google) and follow the readme files and on-disc prompts to repair your disc drive.