(Help Required) creating plex profile to use with xbox

If you need any help with XBMC4XBOX, such as installing or using the software, please post it in here.
sixties keith

(Help Required) creating plex profile to use with xbox

Post by sixties keith »

i know its been asked on here before but i thought id get all the info together on one thread and have one more go

For a long time (since the plexbmc) app was created for the xbox, ive tried to create a profile that could be used by the xbox.

The app itself works great and will play any music or video the xbox can handle. however it it were another device such as the xbox 360 - any media that couldn't be played the plex app would scan the profile for that device and use the info contained to transcode (on the computer in realitime) and send to the 360 for playback.

i know if you have plex running on the pc it can be picked up by xbmc on the xbox as a upnp source via tuxbox client. however this would realistically be no different than sharing via smb as it will only play media the xbox can handle.

using the plexbmc app this would be avoided as the media would be transcoded before reaching the xbox. all that is required is a completed profile (as plex never had an original xbox profile) i tried my hardest but just dont know what else is required for the profile or even where i could find the info for the xbox i would need to complete it myself)

however im confident if the profile were even to be completed the xbox should be able to play all your hd content etc

where im at now - instead of it using the generic profile Ive got the xbox to be picked up on a xbmc profile Ive created so that's a start.

i used the info from this page to help me out - https://forums.plex.tv/index.php/topic/ ... c-profile/ (all credit to original authors)

The problem is i just have little to no working knowledge of this and have no idea what else is needed to complete the profile or where i would find the relevant information from (video bit-rates, codecs etc)

I meant to mention i was using the plex app located in the unofficial add on repositories thru the addon4xbox installs and not one of jans builds

plex info on transcoding media - https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/articl ... ding-Media

plex info for creating profiles - https://forums.plex.tv/index.php/topic/ ... a-devices/

120gb hdd, vinyl magma skin, front lights, side strip lights, clear jewel mod with lights, ir dongle mod, hdd indicator. X3 with LCD many mods inc custom x3 jewel.
sixties keith

Re: (Help Required) creating plex profile to use with xbox

Post by sixties keith »

ok so i found out you can find out more information about media on plex. ive looked at the films that work on the xbox maybe this will be of help - info below

Media

Video Resolution 480p
Duration 1:49:32
Bitrate 1900 kbps
Width 720
Height 304
Aspect Ratio 2.35
Container AVI
Video Frame Rate 24p

Part

File Elysium.avi
Size 1.45 GB
Container AVI

Video

Codec MPEG4
Bitrate 1511 kbps
Bit Depth 8
Chroma Subsampling 4:2:0
Color Space yuv
Frame Rate 23.976 fps
Gmc 0
Height 304
Level 0.5
Profile asp

maybe this could help - could we even create a profile to force all video media to be set to this?

120gb hdd, vinyl magma skin, front lights, side strip lights, clear jewel mod with lights, ir dongle mod, hdd indicator. X3 with LCD many mods inc custom x3 jewel.
sixties keith

Post by sixties keith »

Come on guys......can anyone help?

evan_almighty

Post by evan_almighty »

Hi Keith, did you get anywhere with this?
I've just installed Plex on my Linux server and wouldn't mind being able to stream to the old xbox from it.

Have you seen this: -

https://forums.plex.tv/index.php/topic/ ... c-profile/
sixties keith

Post by sixties keith »

hi mate never got this working, got plex to run on xbox using plexbmc but i couldnt get the profile right as i couldnt find the values to use.

i got the plex server to stop using the generic profile and start picking up the xbox as an xbmc device and therefore loading the xbmc profile i created for it (inc stuff from the link you posted) but still no joy.

the xbox will only play media it can already play so i just stuck with windows smb share as it was basically the same, sori for late reply mate im usually over at the other xbmc website now

sixties