Issues installing xbmc on 2tb hdd

If you need any help with XBMC4XBOX, such as installing or using the software, please post it in here.
Aussieold

Issues installing xbmc on 2tb hdd

Post by Aussieold »

gday Guys

Iv finaly got back to trying to install the 2tb hdd after giving up a while ago. Iv got a new xbox to play around with its a 1.1 with excuter 2 chip installed it had a 80gb and ran fine. Im using the slayers 2.97 UO disc, i have flashed the bios using the disc to a M8 bios which seams to of worked fine, iv used xbpartitioner to format the partitions. Now here is where iv been having issues i tried using the AID 4.5 disc to install xbmc and it gets to a point then freezes so iv been trying with the slayers disc when i use full install for large hdd it resets the sizes of f and g? when i try to boot xbox logo flashes then throws an error, or it will load to the original xbox dash? i have used xbpartitioner to partition the hdd again and am trying to install just the dashboards by them self to see if it fixes the problem

Any ideas whats going on? Im going cazy
Aussieold

Re: Issues installing xbmc on 2tb hdd

Post by Aussieold »

ok shes up and running now i used the slayers disc 2.97 UO
used 4a6) inst/upg all dashes on retail hdd (E:)
then
5f) make xbmc as primary dash on retail HDD

now she is booting sweet

i went back into xbpartitioner 1.3 and checked the partitions and reformatted f and g its saying 64

just a question now guys can i delete everything from F:

In E: i have

Apps
-Avalaunch
-Bios checker
-dvd2xbox
-dvdx2
-Evox
-NTSC-PAL
-UnleashX
-XBMC

CACHE

games

TDATA

UDATA

evoxdash.xbe

And in F: i have

Apps
-Avalaunch
-Bios checker
-Evox
-NTSC-PAL
-UnleashX
-XBMC

The reason i ask is when i go into programs with XBMC and try to open dvd2xbox it would not open then i used file manager to open it from E: and worked fine, so i deleted it off F: and it works great now thru the programs menu.
XC-3730C

Post by XC-3730C »

What version of XBMC are you using? Where did you download Slayers disc UO?
bigkidoz

Post by bigkidoz »

If xbmc is not being booted from F then you are good to delete all the files/ folders, did you make sure that you have 64K clusters for F and G (if created) ?
I find it easiest to use the AID 1 click modchip section to install XBMC then install unleashx as an app, boot unleashx and then using ftp delete the old xbmc and copy the latest stable build in.
Sent from my android coz apple is for pie.
XC-3730C

Post by XC-3730C »

Bigkidoz,

So are you saying it is best to install XBMC as the dashboard instead of say, UnleashX as a dashboard?
bigkidoz

Post by bigkidoz »

XV-3730C wrote:Bigkidoz,

So are you saying it is best to install XBMC as the dashboard instead of say, UnleashX as a dashboard?
Depends on your preference, i dont use unleashx for anything. There is nothing that cant be accessed from within XBMC.
XC-3730C

Post by XC-3730C »

Bigkidoz, what version of XBMC do you have?
bigkidoz

Post by bigkidoz »

XV-3730C wrote:Bigkidoz, what version of XBMC do you have?
XC-3730C

Post by XC-3730C »

I never did get the Addons4xbox to work on 3.5b4.
Aussieold

Post by Aussieold »

Hay guys I made a txt file with just the letter t in it windows showed it as 1kb transfered it the xbox and it took up 65.5kb so im asuming it has worked?

With the slayers disc I think I got that from UG but that has since shut down

And I am running the xbmc off the slayers disc atm have just got ftp up and running next step is to install latest xbmc
XC-3730C

Post by XC-3730C »

Aussieold,

Which version of Slayer's do you have and where'd you get it?
xman

Post by xman »

Aussieold wrote:Hay guys I made a txt file with just the letter t in it windows showed it as 1kb transfered it the xbox and it took up 65.5kb so im asuming it has worked?

With the slayers disc I think I got that from UG but that has since shut down

And I am running the xbmc off the slayers disc atm have just got ftp up and running next step is to install latest xbmc
64 is what you are after but that sounds pretty good. Once a 2TB is clustered correctly you should have two partitions, F and G with approximately 927GB in each according the XBMCs filemanager. :D
Aussieold

Post by Aussieold »

G'day xman

Just wanted to thank you for all your help mate I went back over all the info you sent me a year ago and finally got it all up and running. I have ftped a few games over and they seam to be working fine. Both partitions are about 927gb so all good.

I used slayers 2.97 UO which I think I got from UG but that has shut down. Does anyone know of any good private trackers for retro stuff?
XC-3730C

Post by XC-3730C »

Anyone know where I can get this Slayers 2.97 UO?
xman

Post by xman »

I use Slayers 2.7 myself and you can get that from Eurasia.
@- Aussieold. Glad you got it up and running. Don't be alarmed by slow bootups till it has a chunk of HDD used on the 2TB. That does happen from time to time. Seems to affect some HDDs and not others even when using exactly the same adapters and HDDs but at the end of the day you should be getting consistent 10- 12 second cold boots. Other than that, the occasional time when F drive doesn't boot, G drive always boot as with the other drives but F, not the case. Simply reboot the machine and f will be there. I have one machine, a 1tb, that has this happen when it has been sitting for a while of non use whenever the net cable isn't connected. Connect the net cable and it doesn't ever happen. I put this down to the net connection slowing things down a bit, just long enough to allow for all the on board caos to charge up and it boots fine from then on.
Aussieold

Post by Aussieold »

Xman where are u getting your adapters from now the one I'm using I got from eBay from eshopeveryday and works great but I went thru my emails and clicked on the item and it says it's no longer listed tried their site but I can't read Japanese so not to helpfull :) and the dxtreme one says out of stock?