Does XBMC Backup work for XBMC4Xbox?

If you need any help with XBMC4XBOX, such as installing or using the software, please post it in here.
Kevin G.

Does XBMC Backup work for XBMC4Xbox?

Post by Kevin G. »

I have everything working nicely (finally) on my softmodded 1.4. I am running 3.5 Beta 2, and would like to move over to the latest stable build. Is this similar to PC, where all my settings are saved, while the program is updated? Or will I need to backup all settings and add ons? If so, how? Does XBMC Backup work? If not, is there a similar add on for XBMC4Xbox?
As always thanks in advance...
Kevin G.

Re: Does XBMC Backup work for XBMC4Xbox?

Post by Kevin G. »

bump,
Anyone?
I guess the real question, for me, is:
Will I retain all my settings/addons/plugins if I update to the new build?
whufclee

Re: Does XBMC Backup work for XBMC4Xbox?

Post by whufclee »

If you use Dan's XBMC4Xbox Installer addon then you can choose to upgrade which will copy over all your existing userdata to the new build. If you're coming from a particularly old build though you'd be better off not copying over your old userdata as it could cause conflicts. I'm sure buzz could probably tell you exactly which builds it's safe to copy userdata from.

As for the XBMC backup addon, I'm not sure if that works on xbox or not. I'd be interested to know though so if you do find out please post details so I can update the xbox compatibility list on TotalXBMC.