On the fly transcoding?

If you need any help with XBMC4XBOX, such as installing or using the software, please post it in here.
stone2

On the fly transcoding?

Post by stone2 »

Hi all, I have googled for this but can't find any info so am guessing it may not be possible.
Does anyone know if i can transcode on the fly HD content from my pc so I can watch it on my old crt tv connected to an xbox in my bedroom at SD resolutions?
Most of my contect is hd and obviously I don't want two copies of everything on my pc.
Cheers
RootUser1911

Re: On the fly transcoding?

Post by RootUser1911 »

Yeah would be great to workaround the stuttering at least in 720p video material with this method. Sad enought that X360 and PS3 mostly juses recodes over network to display them although they got enough power to playback this^^

UPNP is a solution i think, my smartphone can convert the high resolution video material to SD on the fly by using Bubble UPNP, but that program isn't that handy for this use.
Sending converted UPNP material directly from a PC is possible? Would be a solution to your and mine problem.
RootUser1911

Post by RootUser1911 »

THX DanDar! 8-)
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

i use mediatomb on linux to transcode. I just call an ffmpeg commandline with mkvs, transcoding for 1280x720 mpeg4 and copying the audio /subs and to another mkv container. Works well here, but of course when playing you can fast foward/rewind as with a completed transcode.