dbox2 problems related to build

If you need any help with XBMC4XBOX, such as installing or using the software, please post it in here.
sixties keith

dbox2 problems related to build

Post by sixties keith »

ok so as i mentioned before i used a cable receiver called a dbox2 to stream tv channels to my xbox. this is done through the tuxbox client with no other app or plugin required.

im having the problem that the newer betas wont play the video and instead just play the sound. furthermore there seems to be a lag before the channels are displayed. However the wierd thing is that i have an old build in which not only the menus and selections load far quicker but it actually words displaying the sound and video without problem.

i ran a debug in both builds below are the logs:

http://pastebin.com/cZ63LwSD - xbmc4xbox 3.5 beta 3 with problems

http://pastebin.com/JZhNLKtP - xbmc4xbox 3.2.1 r31628 (feb 16 2013) that seems to work fine

120gb hdd, vinyl magma skin, front lights, side strip lights, clear jewel mod with lights, ir dongle mod, hdd indicator. X3 with LCD many mods inc custom x3 jewel.
sixties keith

Re: dbox2 problems related to build

Post by sixties keith »

Has anyone any ideas on this?

120gb hdd, vinyl magma skin, front lights, side strip lights, clear jewel mod with lights, ir dongle mod, hdd indicator. X3 with LCD many mods inc custom x3 jewel.
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

you have the same problem with full codec support on also ? if so, it sounds like some compatibility thing with the newer ffmpeg. Not sure I will be able to fix that, especially without anything to test with locally.

I just noticed - beta3 - You need to test with beta4 btw not beta3.
sixties keith

Post by sixties keith »

ok buzz thanks for the help, i'll check out the full codec support and see if that changes anything.

as i say its easy to keep an old build on there just for the dbox2 (i only use it to stream the england matches)

ok juz noticed it was beta 3 - duno y i wasn't using 4th beta ill do it again and post debug log

sixties keith

Post by sixties keith »

ok here the next debug log done on the 4th beta.

i picked one stream - then picked another after enabling the full codec support but still no joy

http://pastebin.com/5HjPkqXk

are there other settings in the video section that could affect the playback?

BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

don't think so. are you able to save off any of these streams to disk so I could have one to look into it further ?
sixties keith

Post by sixties keith »

how would i do that buzz? if you talk me through it id surly have a go.

i know theres a web client for it if that helps but duno if its relevant lol

BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

no idea. google it ? :)
sixties keith

Post by sixties keith »

haha nps will do matey, in the meantime i was able to find some info about the stream on the info section of the box's web client -

info reads below:

Stream Information
Service Name: Ulster TV
Service Provider: unknown
Service Reference: 1:0:1:27ec:66:f020:ffff0000:0:0:0:
VPID: 07d1h (2001d)
APID: 07dbh (2011d)
PCRPID: 07d1h (2001d)
TPID: ffffffffh (-1d)
TSID: 0066h
ONID: f020h
SID: 27ech
PMT: 0103h
Video Format: 704x576 16:9 25 fps
Namespace: ffff0000h
Supported Crypto Systems:
Used Crypto Systems: None
Frequency: 483 MHz
Symbol Rate: 6952 KSymbols/s
Inversion: Auto
Modulation: 256-QAM
FEC: 3/4

thought i should mention that i tried it again on the 4th beta last night with no joy so switched to that old build again. myself and a few friends enjoyed a few beer with the England match streaming and it was perfect

professor_jonny

Post by professor_jonny »

What you posted there has nothing to do with codec that is just informing you the stream's transmission details that it captures the transport stream file from.

so it is 576i and it should work on the xbox no worries, it also has a low signal rate also and has a forward error correction of 1 in every 4 bits and a modulation of 8 bits ber symbol in 128-qam so the actual stream data rate is around 4.4Mb/s for the video and sound stream.

most stuff is in MPEG-4 AVC High Profile Level 4 (h264) or MPEG-2 part 2 (h262) video as some providers did not want to pay the patent fee to liscence h264 just about every audio format is AAC with transport streams from ter, sat and cable services.

For satellite we have h262 AAC-LC but all of our channels are broadcast in 576i but it is capable of 1080i 30hz.

For tresterial we have h264 HE-AAC also called DVB-T HD and is broad cast in 1080p 50hz

I believe uk and australia is the same as us in nz.

you can capture the stream with a tuxbox client or an enigma webif client on your pc.

The idea would be to make a short recording and post it I guess it streams in the same format, the dbox is not powerfull to re encode on the fly.
sixties keith

Post by sixties keith »

ok ill have a go with a tuxbox client on the pc and see what i can do.

as for the stream your right its always played perfectly on the older builds, and as i say we watched the entire england match with no issues at all.

as for the dbox2 its a cable box using old ntl (now virgin media's) coax wire for signal.

cheers again for the help

professor_jonny

Post by professor_jonny »

cable would explain the low frequency of the stream satellite is in the ka band and is 11750 to 12750mhz usually.

does your box not have a hdd to save a show or create a recording ?
sixties keith

Post by sixties keith »

nah there was an option for it but it needed some sort of attachment bought for it and due to it coming from germany finding stuff for an out dated an relativly unhead of box proved a pain.

spinnersp

Post by spinnersp »

You could stream to VLC and record
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

does it play on xbmc 13 gotham btw ?
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

I think I found some patches that could be related that got included in xbmc but we miss. I will update our ffmpeg libraries, and then you can try a nightly build.
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

please try a nightly build after 32804
sixties keith

Post by sixties keith »

ok buzz thanks i'll try a nightly and report back with a debug log.

yea tried to stream to vlc (there was a vlc button in the web client for dbox2) but it didnt work :(

sixties keith

Post by sixties keith »

i tested the dbox2 again this time on the nightly build and success it worked again. i didn't touch any settings so codec support etc would have been off.

i did a debug log for you to look at -

http://pastebin.com/SYeYtmtN

thanks

BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

Thanks - glad it is working now :)