Rebooting XBMC dosen't make the music sound

If you need any help with XBMC4XBOX, such as installing or using the software, please post it in here.
Jerry98vert

Rebooting XBMC dosen't make the music sound

Post by Jerry98vert »

Can someone tell me where the setting is when you reboot you see the XBMC logo and there is a music tone before it goes into the dash/skin.

thanks.
fxmech

Re: Rebooting XBMC dosen't make the music sound

Post by fxmech »

It is skin-specific. Which skin are you using?
Jerry98vert

Post by Jerry98vert »

I am changing it all the time but the sound should have come up with the default, what I call the default when you first install XBMC with the girl in the photo section I don't remember the name.

thanks
fxmech

Post by fxmech »

You are using an old skin, and an old build of XBMC.

I am going to presume the skin is Project Mayhem. Look around and search. The solution will likely require modifications to skin files.
Jerry98vert

Post by Jerry98vert »

fxmech wrote:You are using an old skin, and an old build of XBMC.

I am going to presume the skin is Project Mayhem. Look around and search. The solution will likely require modifications to skin files.
Yes project Mayhem I do have XBMC4XBOX. Version 3.5 Beta 3, I have the skins in E:\skins that has all the XBMC skins, so there is a place I can download new updated skins? If so do I place them in the E:\XBMC directory or E:\skins directory? My XBMC is not in E:\Apps.

thanks.
fxmech

Post by fxmech »

Yeah. I'm about to head to work but skins are available at these forums by developers.

The power-on sound is something PM3 had in the past. I know I have seen this addressed in one form or another here on the forums. Browse through stuff, use the search key. It will be a rewarding use of time.

Hint: if you're lazy like me, peek into the skin xml files of interest using UnleashX;s text editor. Just careful not to accidentally overwrite the original with a borked copy. I just use it to peek and find which files I should FTP. If you have Notpad++ it will syntax highlight code bits, as well.
xman

Post by xman »

Skin/ Media/ Sounds.
Xphazer

Post by Xphazer »

• Add the sound you want to use to: /XBMC/skin/YOUR_SKIN_NAME/sounds/start.wav
  • Add the following to the <windows> section of /XBMC/skin/YOUR_SKIN_NAME/sounds/sounds.xml

Code: Select all

<window>
      <name>startup</name>
      <activate>start.wav</activate>
    </window>
Copying sounds.xml and start.wav from /XBMC/skin/Project Mayhem III/sounds to the sounds folder of most skin should do the trick.