Xbmc plugins trouble

If you need any help with XBMC4XBOX, such as installing or using the software, please post it in here.
speedemonsd

Xbmc plugins trouble

Post by speedemonsd »

Ok so recently I ran into some trouble with most plugins . I had been running XBMC 3.5 beta 1 for 4 months now and everything worked flawlesly until the xbox HDD failed and had to get a new one and reinstall everything. Most plugins dont work anymore , youtube doesn't play official videos especialy music videos , other plugins like Break , IGN ,Vevo , Vine wont even start anymore. I dont know maybe the plugins have not been maintained anymore ... I have no clue. Ok another issue, I recently found out that [removed], Movie25xbox and other movie plugins were removed from the official repo due to questionable legality. Where can I find these plugins ? I looked thru other repos and found some of the plugins but most of these plugins are not meant to work on xbmc4xbox or are very outdated. Seriously I would kill for a working [removed] or primewire xbmc4xbox plugin. Where could I find these plugins that were removed from the official repo ? And right now I am going to ftp XBMC 3.3.3 and will try to install Youtube , Break and IGN to see if I manage to even get them to start.(Will be back with a log on this soon). I understand that some plugins dont work due to my region , like Iplayer only works in the UK , Hulu in the US. But ever since the pirate plugins were removed and the non-pirate plugins don't work anymore I just might retire my Xbox. It would be a shame tho ... since I love XBMC and everything you guys did for it to be as awesome as it is today.

Another thing id like to know is where can I find an already compiled version of XBMC 3.5 beta 4 since my pc is running windows 7 I am unable to install Visual studio 2003 due to compatibilty issues and trying to it make compatible would be just a pain . Also would airplay functionality be possible to integrate ?

Anywho id like to mention as this is my first post here , that you guys rock and keep up the awesome work ! :D
speedemonsd

Re: Xbmc plugins trouble

Post by speedemonsd »

Heres the log I mentioned earlier...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8zg-7 ... sp=sharing
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

I didn't remove the questionable plugins to then point people where find them. I suggest trying a search engine :)

XBMC 3.3.3 is unsupported as far as addon support / compatibility etc, with the 3.5 release right around the corner. Youtube is somewhat broken on xbmc still currently anyway (with a few modified versions floating around, but for xbmc4xbox you will have to wait). Addon compatibility is currently best with 3.5 beta 4.
sahib12

Post by sahib12 »

Don't retire your xbox bro, it has so much more to give you, you just gotta get the right setup. Install the latest versions here: http://www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk/forum/viewt ... ?f=9&t=781

The easier way is if you go to programmes, plugins, addons4xbox, get addons, go to programmes and find 'xbmc4xbox installer' or something along those lines. Then access it via programmes plugins and you can install the newest builds straight 2 your xbox. http://www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk/forum/viewt ... p?f=7&t=88

Regarding addons, they need script modules and on the newest version they install automatically (epic i know)

http://www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk/forum/viewt ... f=7&t=2618 < heres how to install addons.

Hope this has been useful, let us know if u run into any problems
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

You do realise that the removal of the addons that allowed streaming from questionable sources were not just removed from the repository for people to stick them up on the forum. They will be going from here, as the purpose of XBMC4Xbox is not to stream content you have not purchased.
sahib12

Post by sahib12 »

BuZz wrote:You do realise that the removal of the addons that allowed streaming from questionable sources ewre nto just removed from the repository for people to stick them up on the forum. They will be going from here, as the purpose of XBMC4Xbox is not to stream content you have not purchased.
Sorry, i was not informed of the piracy stance of this site.
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

I have posted a global announcement with more details. Unfortunately this has just gotten way out of control, and is threatening the project.