Can i watch Netflix on my modded Xbox Console

If you need any help with XBMC4XBOX, such as installing or using the software, please post it in here.
Evertonman67

Can i watch Netflix on my modded Xbox Console

Post by Evertonman67 »

Hiya guys :)
I've just signed up to this site to get some information and maybe some help in my query.Which is.Am i able to stream and watch Netflix on my modded Original Xbox Console ( NOT the Xbox 360 ).
My console is a version 1.1 and is fitted with an Xecuter Modchip and a 300gb IDE HDD.I have installed the very latest XBMC4XBOX onto my xbox HDD as well and it looks amazing.
Now my sons watch Netflix through their PS3 consoles and i'm wondering if i can do this with my hard modded Xbox to watch of a night when chilled in bed. :)
If anyone can be of any help about my query,i'd be so happy indeed.

Thanks so much
skatulskijean

Re: Can i watch Netflix on my modded Xbox Console

Post by skatulskijean »

No !

This want a os with a Browser and Silverlight plugin or the Premium Video Extensions’ in IE11 on Windows 8.1 to watch Netflix over html5.
Evertonman67

Post by Evertonman67 »

Is their anything simular to Netflix that i can stream and watch on my modded console through XBMC
mrmajikbus45

Post by mrmajikbus45 »

Yes there are, but you will have to search for them.

You could always use [removed], works great for movies and tv shows if you can track it down. We don't officially support it anymore, but whatever.
You could use Jan's TVshows addon for TVshows.
You could use Jan's Yify.tv when he fixes it for movies.
Or you could always use Mashup. Use the search feature in the upper right corner of the page to look for threads with information on these.
A strong man doesn't need to read the future, he makes his own. -Solid Snake
American as Guile!
Get your Chimp on!
2 Bunny

VIDEO Reply

Post by 2 Bunny »

[removed] and the other TV plugins used to be okay, but they never have and never will work consistently (and by "consistently", I mean more than 5% of the time ;) ). Like I mentioned in another thread, you're probably just best off downloading the shows/movies to your computer and copying them to your Xbox with FTP manually the "old fashioned way". Or just use Netflix and put the DVDs into your Xbox's DVD drive, that works too.
Evertonman67

Post by Evertonman67 »

Well think i'm about to give up on this.It's got head proper battered lol
I have XBMC4XBOX v3.5 Beta installed
I can FTP into XBMC no problem at all and transfer files
I have tried to get FusionHub to work BUT it keeps saying " Unable to connect to servers " so it wont download the actual .Zip to carry on any further.
Now unless i have to manually setup XBMC4XBOX to get internet access,i really don't know.
My FTP settings are :- IP Address 192.168.1.200
Subnet mask 255.255.255.0
Default G/Way 192.168.1.177 ( which is my computers IP address,as i have the Xbox console plugged into my PC till i'm properly finished all this messing around and move it to my bedroom )
PC & Xbox are connected via a crossover cable.
Do i have to manually enter settings within XBMC4XBOX network settings to get internet access on my xbox ?
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

To be honest the Fusion Hub thing is not going to work , for internet access can you not just connect the xbox to your router via an Ethernet cable ?
What would you like to be able to do with your xbox ?