xbmc4xbox FTP no username

If you need any help with XBMC4XBOX, such as installing or using the software, please post it in here.
amvs499

xbmc4xbox FTP no username

Post by amvs499 »

Hello,

Recently I wanted to use my v1.6 xbox (modchip: xecuter x3) with xbmc pre-2.1 again. After discovering that xbmc continued as xbmc4xbox I connected with ftp an updated to xbmc4xbox 3.3.3.
After updating I couldn't connect with ftp anymore, and saw that as ftp username the only option was none. Since then I have used HeXen to install xbmc, slayer and used xbmc4xbox installer, but every time ftp doesn't work and my username is none.
I'm connected to my xbox with an cat 5e cabel directly into my xbox. I can ping to it with no package loss.
When I format my drive using the xecuter bios I can ftp into my xbox, but I only get the directory. I can't tranfer any files. But when I have XBMC4XBOX on it, ftp doesn't work at all.

Does anybody know how to fix this? I've been looking around, and so far nothing worked.
Need to know anymore about my xbox, I will gladly respond.
sahib12

Re: xbmc4xbox FTP no username

Post by sahib12 »

Try and go to settings (on xbmc), go to network settings, ftp should be somewhere around that menu, then change your ftp settings from there, you can change username and password and such from that menu.
amvs499

Post by amvs499 »

No, I can't. The only option I have is none, I can't change it. As far as I know.
When I'm home, I'll make a photograph of it.
amvs499

Post by amvs499 »

amvs499

Post by amvs499 »

As you can see, I can't change my username.
sahib12

Post by sahib12 »

Lol that is weird, i'd try updating to 3.5 beta 2 see if that fixes it?
amvs499

Post by amvs499 »

I've used xbmc4xbox installer to update to 3.5 beta 2 with the same result. I've used a different HDD to see if that fixed it, and I have even gone back to xbmc pre-2.1 but nothing worked. Does anybody else know something?

I didn't make a back-up, and I had xbmc running when I updated it using ftp. But I don't think that having xbmc running when I updated from pre-2.1 to xbmc4xbox 3.3.3 can cause this problem.
xman

Post by xman »

You are using XBMC as your default app aren't you?. Your default dash will be your FTP password on all apps as will all your net settings. If your busted and really need to FTP you could try another app and see how that goes. "NONE" is the default Xbox password on the AID discs. You can usually change your Username simply by making the change to your password to xbox and powering down the Xbox and rebooting. Go straight into your settings and see if it takes effect. Remember to turn the machine off and back for it to take effect.
Dan Dar3

Post by Dan Dar3 »

@amvs499
If you're hitting problems like that it is a good idea to try a clean install instead if using XBMc4Xbox Installer plugin - the plugin will copy your UserData (which includes your old FileZilla Server.xml file) and if there are changes in that area in the way the file contents is interpreted (not that I'm aware it) it might cause an issue. There is no way to select what you want to copy at the moment (there was a request for it) but even having that option you might not really know what to select and what to leave out. Try a clean install of 3.5 beta 2 instead (as opposed to an "Upgrade") and define the sources and scan your library again, or do the upgrade and try to either remove that XML (might automatically recreate it on restart) or copy it manually from the new archive.
amvs499

Post by amvs499 »

I have done at least 20 fresh installs, but out off desparation I just upgraded to xbmc4xbox 3.5 beta 2 instead off a fresh install, and it works!!!! I don't know how, but I don't care :P
Thx for the help and for the ideas!

Now I have just one little thing, recently I bought a component cable to for HD resolutions on my xbox. Only on the right hand of white text you can see an after image of it. You can also see it on my previous photograph.
Is there a way to calibrate the colors or something like that?

@Dan Dar3: Yeah, I saw a forum post where removing Fillezilla Server.xml worked, but it didn't work on my setup. It didn't recreate on restart.