XBMC Removal Problems

If you need any help with XBMC4XBOX, such as installing or using the software, please post it in here.
sahib12

Re: XBMC Removal Problems

Post by sahib12 »

Hope you don't mind Heimdall but there are other ways of going about this, your xbox loads up with genuine games then maybe you can simply use the exploit method (if you have the right equipment) ,do you own a copy of MechAssault, Splinter Cell, or 007: Agent Under Fire?
Heimdall

Post by Heimdall »

I don't mind at all!

You are right, I had completely forgotten that route. However, a word of caution: if it does load the exploit, then don't try to install a softmod, because the Xbox is probably already softmodded, and installing one softmod on top of another can lead to unpredictable results. However, it should give FTP access, which will allow the replacement of XBMC with a clean version, or maybe even temporarily with UnleashX (less to go wrong as it's effectively only a single file).

I am now DEFINITELY going to the airport!

Good luck, see you in two weeks ...... unless the hotel has Wifi :)
RedRoseSpeedway

Post by RedRoseSpeedway »

Thank you both for the suggestions!
sahib12, I have read and watched videos on exploiting games, but that was in regards to softmodding an xbox. From that though I do know one of those specific games is needed, as well as a special cord that connects from the controller port to USB, in which case I have neither. I do plan on buying the usb connector cord & 007: Agent Under Fire one of these days, so that sounds like it would be a more preferable option.

I was however unaware that you could do anything beyond softmodding an xbox using that method, so any further information on how to go about using that method in this situation, what I would need, would be greatly appreciated.
destronger

Post by destronger »

another idea is find someone local using craigslist. let them have the headache since they may have the proper tools already. if you live in Santa Clara county in California I could point you to someone that I've used. he has to tools to pull the EEPROM straight from the mobo. plus he could supply you with a upgraded hdd and perhaps a better working DVD. or just a complete trade that's already soft modded.
+ T +: Every time you mention Midway games in Final Burn, iq_132 kills a kitten!
ImageImage
sahib12

Post by sahib12 »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0cNx-0mhjg

Even though this is with splinter cell, it follows the same procedure. As soon as you load the exploit (in this case it is a linux save game) it will boot into a dashboard, sometimes there is a blue background but its still the same thing. As soon as you're on this dashboard then you should have FTP access as long as your Ethernet is connected. Then you can proceed to replace XBMC with a working one. When you're done FTP'ing then you can just reset the xbox. I'd be careful in your case though, the new xbmc you put on there should have the same name as it has now (most of the time it should be called 'XBMC'). If you do not name it correctly (as it is now) then you will be in the exact same position again lol.

you'll need an adapter like this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Female-Comput ... 3cdce1b52e
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

I have dvd drives that will not boot hexen, slayers etc butt do boot games so its probably that :-/
RedRoseSpeedway

destronger: I actually live in Canada, but it's still definitely a good idea to look into, so thanks for that!

sahib12: Thank you kindly for the info, this is the route I'm most likely going to go down, so I appreciate the help!
mrmajikbus45

Post by mrmajikbus45 »

Okay, since Heimdall is out on vacation, I'll give this a shot. This does sound indeed like a softmod, and we will treat it like such. Now, sahib is right with the game exploits. I prefer to use another program called Slayer's 2.98 disc. There is a link to it inside of the Chimp directions in my signature. You will need to burn it as an image onto a DVD-R. I personally use imgburn, and you will need to burn this at 4x or less.

Once you put Slayers into the xbox drive, you should have FTP access. At that point, you will need to FTP over the most recent XBMC, and use the Slayer disc to point at the location. Try FTPing XBMC to E:\Apps\. At that point, in Slayer's go into default dash. From there select Use XBMC as Default Dash on Retail HDD. At least you will have a clean, stable XBMC to run on. From there, we can repair your directories elsewise.

If this fails, you should probably provide the major city you live nearest to, and hope one of our helpful board members live nearby.
A strong man doesn't need to read the future, he makes his own. -Solid Snake
American as Guile!
Get your Chimp on!
RedRoseSpeedway

Thank you for your input mrmajikbus45, I will definitely give it a shot, and I definitely still plan to try sahib12's suggestion as well. I will be sure to report back when I have tried both solutions!