new to xbmc4xbox

If you need any help with XBMC4XBOX, such as installing or using the software, please post it in here.
troc69

new to xbmc4xbox

Post by troc69 »

ive had a hard modded xbox for years and just got an android media player and love it with xbmc.

now with my xbox im a little lost on how to get things working. i have the svt installer and installed the newest addons through xbmc4xbox but many dont work and im not sure exactly what all im doing other than following many walkthroughs. for example when i try to run using 3.3.3xbmc with rad.io music app i get "loading directory, received 0 items" then it freezed and i need to do a hard reboot. in [removed] pretty much every channel gives me script error(but this is the only addon i can get to work). i try to run canada on demand and i can see many episodes and when i click on them it seems like it tries to load but nothing happens and i can keep scrolling around, free cable and naxi-x are blank.

is it worth trying 3.3.5? or installing a repository? or am i missing steps which i need?
sahib12

Re: new to xbmc4xbox

Post by sahib12 »

Hey, welcome to xbmc4xbox. The way you've installed addons so far has been the right way, however most addons on the repo are not maintained which has sort of made the repo full of non-working addons, the only addons i use that i know work on the repo are youtube and ustvnow, the rest im not too sure of so i wouldnt really bother unless you dont mind trying them, if you know how to update to 3.5 beta 2 then you should update as alot more things work well, if you want some addons then you'll probaly have to get their .zip files and install them by going to programmes, plugins, addons4xbox then go install via zip. Here are 2 good addons that work right now for tvshows and movies.

Tvshows: http://www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk/forum/viewt ... =17&t=2402

Movies: http://www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk/forum/viewt ... =17&t=2265

And for [removed] use this one, it is made for uk but you can use it wherever you are:
http://www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk/forum/viewt ... f=7&t=2146

With navi x you can go to scripts (in xbmc4xbox repo) and download it from there, then when it says it cannot open the file, click ok then left (or right) on the dpad and set as home and it should work.

Hope this helps :)
troc69

Post by troc69 »

ok, makes sense.

yep im installing 3.5beta2 as i type this and ill try to install the.zip files(which i think i can figure out)

thanks for the links

im guessing this is not up to date or accurate? hxxp://www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk/addons/
troc69

Post by troc69 »

i just installed the first 2 and they work great. the third uk one doesnt seem to be working and has real slow menu waits followed by errors for me...but the first 2 are great.

thanks again
sahib12

Post by sahib12 »

Some addons status are correct on that list, but some are not, so it may not be vey useful, btw if you want any other addons just search for their zip files on here (or anywhere else on the internet) and install them the way you did with the other two. Ah thats a shame about the primewire one, it works well for me, do you know how to post a debug log? If so please post one on here so i can see why you are getting problems,
troc69

Post by troc69 »

i have no idea how to post debug logs...im really happy to get those 2 working so its fine with me.
skatulskijean

Post by skatulskijean »

Hi.

All the 3 Addons since developed from me.
The difference is the first 2 Addons use not the urlresolcer to accesing the streams the next important is that primwire is one from my older addons and i have the code not clean up.
Gys on uk or the other countrys its a dream for streaming.
On germany is the situation verry bad i have many addons developed for access streams like my yifytv addon or TV Shows but the stream hoster for the german addons since very bad .
or she change the site with any fix from me .
this mean i fix the addon post the new addon and she change the website .
Only Solution for was i have it fix again and give it not to others and the streams working without changes weeks.
The Situation is differend as example the maker from streamoase (germany hd streaming site) have ask me to work site on site .
This is nice for my next streamoase addon Version for main xbmc but not for the xbox .
Youtube is a horror on Germany fast all music youtube videos will on germany not works then the GEMA say no this source can you not watch on your County(Germany)

Ok primewire is a urlresolver addon (urlresolver is developed for main xbmc and adapted to use on xbmc4xbox)
When the code from the scriptmodule.urlresolver is uptodate i think most of the streams works .

Next thing Coders on main xbmc working most with helpers like Beautiful Soup for webscrapping and that is not fast .On a uptodate Pc with mainxbmc is that not a problem but on the xbox its a problem.
Nice helper for screenscrapping is parsedom its not so fast we scrapping over re but many faster as example Beautiful Soup .

Ok its not the Thema here:

When you want a Trailer addon us my Cinetrailer Addon is multilingual and change the Trailer language with the xbmc language settings on the fly.
For Music Charts use my CannaPower addon and for Radio use my Shoutcast2xbmc4xbox addon.
With my Youtube Search addon you can Search for Youtube Videos,Search for Youtube Playlist and Search for Artist Album on Youtube.
Its access the youtube streams not over the Youtube addon(what is default solution on main xbmc to access youtube streams on other addons) that is not so memory Hungry and faster as the Solution over the Youtube addon on the you must not change the settings to have xbox compatible streams.

Regards Jan
sahib12

Post by sahib12 »

skatulskijean wrote:Hi.

All the 3 Addons since developed from me.
The difference is the first 2 Addons use not the urlresolcer to accesing the streams the next important is that primwire is one from my older addons and i have the code not clean up.
Gys on uk or the other countrys its a dream for streaming.
On germany is the situation verry bad i have many addons developed for access streams like my yifytv addon or TV Shows but the stream hoster for the german addons since very bad .
or she change the site with any fix from me .
this mean i fix the addon post the new addon and she change the website .
Only Solution for was i have it fix again and give it not to others and the streams working without changes weeks.
The Situation is differend as example the maker from streamoase (germany hd streaming site) have ask me to work site on site .
This is nice for my next streamoase addon Version for main xbmc but not for the xbox .
Youtube is a horror on Germany fast all music youtube videos will on germany not works then the GEMA say no this source can you not watch on your County(Germany)

Ok primewire is a urlresolver addon (urlresolver is developed for main xbmc and adapted to use on xbmc4xbox)
When the code from the scriptmodule.urlresolver is uptodate i think most of the streams works .

Next thing Coders on main xbmc working most with helpers like Beautiful Soup for webscrapping and that is not fast .On a uptodate Pc with mainxbmc is that not a problem but on the xbox its a problem.
Nice helper for screenscrapping is parsedom its not so fast we scrapping over re but many faster as example Beautiful Soup .

Ok its not the Thema here:

When you want a Trailer addon us my Cinetrailer Addon is multilingual and change the Trailer language with the xbmc language settings on the fly.
For Music Charts use my CannaPower addon and for Radio use my Shoutcast2xbmc4xbox addon.
With my Youtube Search addon you can Search for Youtube Videos,Search for Youtube Playlist and Search for Artist Album on Youtube.
Its access the youtube streams not over the Youtube addon(what is default solution on main xbmc to access youtube streams on other addons) that is not so memory Hungry and faster as the Solution over the Youtube addon on the you must not change the settings to have xbox compatible streams.

Regards Jan
I think urlresolver has been updated because i installed it from official xbmc repo and firedrive (new putlocker url) now appears.