Installing the latest xbmc from DVD onto my chipped xbox

If you need any help with XBMC4XBOX, such as installing or using the software, please post it in here.
protomind

Installing the latest xbmc from DVD onto my chipped xbox

Post by protomind »

How is everybody? I'm protomind and this is my first post on this forum. I was hoping someone could have a little problem that I am having.

I have an original Xbox, with xecutor mod chip installed, how can I install the latest version of XBMC onto my Xbox?

I installed the chip and modded the original Xbox myself, this was I believe 2007. I would like a nod in the right direction as i'm a competent modder but I do not have many hours to invest in the research unfortunately because my work schedule. So I was hoping that someone could help me out here, thank you.
skatulskijean

Re: Installing the latest xbmc from DVD onto my chipped xbox

Post by skatulskijean »

new Xbmc4xbox Builds since here easy to find But not a Install DVD with the newsr xbmc4xbox on it.

Regards Jan
Heimdall

Post by Heimdall »

See this post for details of the latest build.

Use FTP to copy it to your Xbox. If your current dash is XBMC then you'll need to temporarily run another dashboard. You can do this by using FTP to copy another dashboard (UnleashX is probably the best for this) to your Xbox, then running it from the XBMC file manager. Alternatively, use HeXEn or AID, burned to DVD-R at 4x or slower, and boot with that to give you FTP access.

If your unnamed Xecuter chip is an X3 then you can use the onboard FTP server on the chip BIOS to FTP the latest XBMC to your Xbox.
protomind

Post by protomind »

I believe it is an xecutor 3, and it should have FTP on the chip. The problem is I just can't find the manual on it or remember how the heck to operate it, or how to go into that FTP mode.

I do have avalaunch installed as well as old XBMC.

On a sidenote what's the best emulators for playing old Nintendo games on this thing.
Heimdall

Post by Heimdall »

You Start X3 Config Live by holding the white button while the Xbox is booting.

There's an X3 manual here.

I'm not an expert on which emulators are good for which systems, but start here:

http://www.emuxtras.net/forum/
http://rappscallion.wix.com/ressurectionxtras#
protomind

Post by protomind »

After digging around for a little bit, I believe my chip is a smartxx op and it's running an xecutor bios.
Geez it was so long ago that installed it.
Heimdall

Post by Heimdall »

I don't think that the Smartxx O/S supports FTP to the Xbox hard drive. Use a boot disc.
cifa

Post by cifa »

I remember a good while ago having a go at FTP via the SmartXX OS. I was completely under-whelmed by it. It never gave me access to F/G on the basic FTP setup.
It needed another step but I CBA with it ;) - just seemed too much effort to set up etc....

heres where I got it: http://www.theisozone.com/downloads/xbo ... pdate-kit/
protomind

Post by protomind »

How can I make a boot disc with the latest xbmc for Xbox on it?