I'm at my wits end - Ressurection Xtras

If you need any help with XBMC4XBOX, such as installing or using the software, please post it in here.
kenzo42

I'm at my wits end - Ressurection Xtras

Post by kenzo42 »

I have XBMC 3.3 and installed Resurrection Xtras. I followed these directions exactly. I overwrote everything using ResurrectionXtras files.
1. Copy the contents of "E" to your E drive. These are the emu configs in "SAVES", "TDATA" & "UDATA"

2. Copy the contents of "F" to your F drive. These are the emulators themselves.

3. Inside other stuff there are 2 things of importance...

A. The Thumbnails & Database files for XBMC so the Wide Icon and CutFile images will work in XBMC right away without having to load every one of them. Copy these to the correct folders in UserData in your XBMC dashboard folder. (NOTE: You may want to skip the database files if you've done work setting up your own stuff in XBMC because it will overwrite what you've previously done).

B. The resized SNES boxart. Originally I forgot to resize these, so unfortunately quite a few of the SNES Box images from the torrent will not display in NES6502's ZSNESXBox (although they work perfectly well with XPORT/Madmab's SNES emu). DO NOT copy over your PC images with this or you will break the seed. After you've transferred everything to your XBox, simply overwrite what's in the "Media\SNES\Artwork\Box Front" folder with the contents of this zipfile. Now you can see all the boxes in both SNES emus.
My 3.3 XBMC is installed in E:\apps\xbmc

C -325MB
D-DVD
E-4.5GB)
F-138GB
Q-4.5GB

I noticed "Myprogram6.db" will not get overwritten with the one supplied with ResurrectionXtras. Other than that, I don't know how to proceed.

When I go to Programs under Confluence lite, there are no icons displayed. When I go to "add program source", it only displays as a little xbmc book icon. When I click on the book icon, then an image of a wide icon NES emulator is displayed which can be executed if I press it. I'd like for multiple emulator wide icons to be displayed that are executable - I don't want to have to click twice to get it to start. Like this:

Shouldn't it all be setup for me automatically after following all the directions I posed above? I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks!
Heimdall

Re: I'm at my wits end - Ressurection Xtras

Post by Heimdall »

Where did you get those instructions from?

Are you trying to copy the files over while running XBMC?
kenzo42

Post by kenzo42 »

The directions were written and signed by Rx himeself, in a text file called "instructions.txt" under a Rar file called "emulators.rar"

Yes, I am trying to do it while running XBMC.

One more thing I didn't mention, the default.tbn file looks really blurry on the xbox. However, it's very clear on my computer.
Heimdall

Post by Heimdall »

You don't need to quote an immediately preceding post.

"emulators.rar"? That doesn't help at all. What is it? Which emulators? How old is it? Which version of XBMC were those instructions written for?

You can't overwrite an XBMC file while XBMC is running. You need to make the changes while running a different dashboard.
kenzo42

Post by kenzo42 »

Hopefully this screen shot gives some useful info. It's for the emulators and icons in ResurrectionXtras. It looks like the last modified is 5/2010.

I went into Unleash and overwrote that file. It made no difference, however.

kenzo42

Post by kenzo42 »

Is it possible to launch the emulator .xbe file from "Programs"? I can't figure this out either.
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Have you got all these,files on your xbox or pc?
kenzo42

Post by kenzo42 »

They're FTP'd over to the XBOX. I was just showing what was transferred.
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Ha ha I see :-)
kenzo42

Post by kenzo42 »

Anyone have any idea?
Bigby

Post by Bigby »

There is a new RessurectionXtras site with instructions, which may be easier to follow.

PM sent
XC-3730C

Post by XC-3730C »

Could someone provide instructions on setting this up?
Dan Dar3

Post by Dan Dar3 »

kenzo42 wrote:Is it possible to launch the emulator .xbe file from "Programs"? I can't figure this out either.
Go into Programs, add a source called "Emulators" to which add the location(s) where you keep your emulators.
Bigby

Post by Bigby »

PM sent

Wish I could promote the site more :(
Dom DXecutioner

Post by Dom DXecutioner »

Bigby wrote:PM sent

Wish I could promote the site more :(
Hmp! At the risk of sounding ignorant; can you elaborate as to what that means? I only ask because I don't know of any issues with linking to an external site, such as EmuXtras, provided; however, that the link and topic does not involve copyright violations which may be applicable in any country, or pirated content, if you prefer that term.
XC-3730C

Post by XC-3730C »

How do I get all the xtras to show up? Do I drop all the xtras folders in the root directory of the emulator folder?
Dom DXecutioner

Post by Dom DXecutioner »

xtras, as far as my - albeit limited - knowledge is concerned are setup up to work specifically with emulators, not xbmc; unless someone mods a skin on a skin-by-skin basis, they will not work.

if you're asking on how to make them work with emulators, i'm afraid you have posted this in the wrong forum (which i can move to the appropriate forum); having said that, you're best answer may probably be found over at EmuXtras as they specialize on this type of things.
XC-3730C

Post by XC-3730C »

@kenzo42,

Where did you get those Raine and Mortal Kombat wide icons? I have searched fro those for a while...